Chapter Six: The Hostess (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"That's enough already," he demanded. He turned to face us with an evil glint in his eye that caused all of us jump back in fright, "It's time to open." Instantly everyone gathered around the chair that was in the center of the room, with Tamaki-senpai in the middle and Haruhi sitting in the chair. Meanwhile I just looked lost.

"Ummmm...." I hesitated, unsure of what to do.

"Well," Kyoya began, "Are you just going to stand there or come over?" Realizing that asking a question would be a bad time, I did what I was told and stood in front of Hikaru.

As if on cue the door burst open and the room filled with a crowd of girls

"Welcome," they all spoke together. All the customers practically screamed their heads off and I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes. The twins stepped to the front and the girls looked confused. I assumed this was not part of their normal routine, so what are those two put to?

"We know this isn't our usal routine, but we'd like to start today out with a performance with done by our new member," they both said.

"Do you mean Haruhi?" some of the girls asked.

"Actually, we have another new member. For the first time in the Ouran Host Club history, please welcome the first hostess ever.... Manami Hiroko!"

They all waited and seemed to be looking for me, even thought I was right in front of them, "You mean the first year Manami?" one girl questioned. The twins nodded, which caused the girls to look even more confuse. Their eyes were darting all over the place, searching for me. Honestly it was a little disheartening to see them not recognize me, but if I saw the person I was before and the person I am now, I wouldn't even recognize me, "Where is she?" another girl wondered, "And why did you make her a hostess?" another spoke up.

"Manami Hiroko is that girl right there," the twins finally pointed me out to the group, "And let's just say that she owes us something big."

For the second time today there was a collective gasp, but this time among the girls, "No way!" one girl exclaimed, "That can't be her!" another girl accused.

"But it really is her!" the twins confirmed together.

"And we'd like to introduce her," Hikaru began.

"By having her preform a song on the piano." Kaoru finished. My eyes widen in suprise. They never said anything about this. I walked behind the two of them, grabbed their collar, and brought them to my height.

"You two never said anything about me performing!" I whispered yelled to avoid the girls from overhearing us.

"That's becasue we knew you'd object if we told you."

"Of course I would!"

"What's wrong Manami?" Hikaru asked.

"Stage fright?" Kaoru asked right after. I nodded my head furiously as I looked at my potential audience.