Four - Music continued

Kehzia
Los Angeles, California

"Keyz....Keyzyyyyy."

My eyes opened to my mother's smiling face. I admired her so much, she had no idea. For her to follow her dreams when she did, inspired me so much. I knew she had it in her to be great, she was the type of mother who would take care of us all, cooked dinner every night. Gave each of her children her undivided attention and still loved her husband. I looked up to my mom in ways she didn't know. Mostly because i was a daddy's girl but my mother was just as much of an inspiration to me. When i was diagnosed with depression, it really effected her as well but my mom was part of the reason i still had that fire within myself to fight. Looking into her eyes now reminded me of that.

Last night when I landed, I called an uber to pick me up from the airport. I didn't want anyone knowing I was in town. It was definitely going to be a surprise, especially since I was so hell bent on not coming home for the holidays. After being dropped off, I was surprised to find the front door open. My parents were always so cautious and safe. They'd drill it onto us to always make sure the door was locked. I guess I see where I get my paranoia from. I walked in but no one was in the living room. The further I walked, I could hear chatter coming from the kitchen. My mom was at the stove as usual, my dad sitting at the counter with Mehcad and Iman on either side of him and Nala sitting across from them.

I yelled surprise as I walked In and everyone's attention was suddenly on me. My mom teared up on the spot. My dad pulled me in for a hug first. Mehcad found me next and my big brother Iman. My sister had a huge smile on her face and once the boys were done hugging me, she walked over and we embraced each other. My sister and i were very close growing up but we grew a bit distant in recent years because Nala was extremely popular and she loved the attention and since i wasn't really one for much attention, i let her have that. I also blame me going away for us not being that close because she wanted me to stay at home but understood why i had to leave.

"It's really great to see you sis." She spoke, still embracing me.

"It's great to see you too kid. I missed you so much." I spoke honestly because seeing my family really made me realize how much i honestly missed everyone

Everyone seemed so genuinely happy to see me but this was my family, so it was expected. I walked up to my mom, holding her. I had no idea how much I actually missed her. So coming home was a great idea after all. I dried her tears as she looked at me. To her it seemed unreal that i was here and to me it felt that way.

As soon as I got settled in, my mom had me in the kitchen again, helping her cook dinner. Simone, my brother's wife came to join us. She was taking a nap with the baby when I arrived so I didn't want to disturb them. After we ate, my big brother Iman walked in with his daughter Zara. She was the cutest thing I've ever seen. She favored Nala a lot because funny enough my oldest brother and baby sister could pass for twins.

"Look who wants to meet her aunty." He spoke as he came over to place her in my arms. All I could do was stare at her. She had big brown eyes with a cute little nose and the same dimple in her chin that Iman has. It was just amazing to see the resemblance.

Nala came down stairs and she seemed on edge, i made as if i didn't really pay attention but i kept an eye on her.  She went to open the front door and in walked her best friend, Amirah. I instantly knew why she was nervous.  Amirah was Jason's sister. As much as i didn't really have any bad feelings towards her, she knew how much pain her brother caused me. Nala felt like ending their friendship but i convinced her against that. That situation was between me and her brother and they had nothing to do with it.