Three - Music

"But either way the objective is the same...To please and entertain"

Kehzia

Waking up bright and early. I smiled as I heard Vixen by Miguel blast from above me. Dude really had great taste in music and I wasn't complaining that I was waking up every morning to his music. Music had always been something dear to me. It was always an escape for me. When i was dealing with my depression, it really helped me out a lot because there were times that i would lock myself in my room and just blast it at the top volume. Ever since this guy moved in upstairs. I've been waking up in a good mood because of the music he plays. It's been a week since I literally bumped into him and I've been staying out of his way. As much as i wanted to say sorry for my behavior that night, i had a feeling that he wanted to be left alone. I finally saw him in daylight the other morning when I took the garbage out and I can definitely see him getting too much female attention. He was honestly a very good looking guy. However, he still seemed a bit hostile but I wasn't going to judge him. I didn't know him at all and I wasn't going to go off of that first encounter anymore. Maybe he was just having a bad day and me bumping into him made it worse. I still didn't have the guts to walk up to him and thank him for saving me from busting my ass but I was working on it. I really felt bad about the incident, i hadn't felt guilty about anything in a long while.

I shook the thought of him from my mind and went to get some breakfast. After eating i got ready for work. I was at the book store from the morning till early afternoon now while I was on break from school and Nicky went home for the holidays. When I arrived at work Mrs Johnson handed me several packages. She told me that each of these people were coming to pick up their orders today. She needed me to check if everyone's stuff was here. Going through the list, the first name was a Mr E Stevens. He had an order for two novels and an international sports magazine the shop didn't carry. I placed his package under the counter while I checked off all the others placing them in a line next to his.

The shop wasn't all that busy, most people were either away and some would come for their newspapers and regular orders.

I had a few boxes to unpack so I went to the backroom to fetch them. When I came out, I froze when I saw my neighbor at the door about to walk in. Thinking quickly I placed the boxes down and made as if I was busy under the counter. The bell went off signaling that he walked in.

Not knowing what I was going to say, I quickly realized that he might not recognize me. I slowly stood to my feet and he stood at the counter. Watching me.

"Good morning Sir. What can I do for you today?" I spoke, trying my best to keep my calm.

"Morning... I'm here to pick up an order I placed last week." His voice was husky yet smooth. His accent reminded me of home but now wasn't the time. I had to be professional.

"May I have your name and surname please?" I asked him while reaching for the first package under the counter. Somehow I knew he was Mr Stevens. He gave off a vibe i couldn't read and his face was neutral. Definitely hard to read.

"Erik Stevens." He spoke as he handed me the receipt as proof of his order. I gave him the release form and he signed it. Pulling out his card to pay for his stuff. Placing everything on the counter for him. He glanced at me for a second but placed his eyes elsewhere as soon as i looked up.