Chapter 6

Loic sat with his group who were talking about a party that his friend, Tom was having that night as it was Friday and they wouldn't have any school tomorrow.

"You're coming, right Loic?" Tom asked from across the table. He knew that Loic didn't usually go to parties but it was one to celebrate Tom turning eighteen at midnight so thought the answer could be different.

"Yeah, sure," Loic replied, getting a half grin from Tom.

"Sweet."

"Why don't you bring your 'not-girlfriend' with you?" Alex said with a larger grin.

"You're only lying to yourself" Loic held up his hands to mimic defence and caused Alex to chuckle.

"You're just worried that she's going to fall for me so you're keeping her away. I see how it is."

"Yeah, right. Because it would be you who I'd be scared of stealing a girl from me. One which I don't even have, so looks like you're a bit stuck, buddy."

One of the girls, Emily, laughed and glanced over to Loic, trying to catch his eye but failing. Instead, his eyes drifted over to the corner table where the twins were sat. He didn't know why exactly, and he froze when his eyes caught with Elijah's who winked at him.

He blinked, shocked, and then looked over to Toby who was looking back at him in the corner of his eye.

Loic diverted his eyes completely from the table and looked back at his own, finding it creepy how they were both looking at him.

He chucked his unopened sandwich to Alex and patted his shoulder as he got up from the bench. "Gotta go pick up some drama stuff. See you tonight."

"Homo." He said as a joke, not knowing how right he was.

Loic called Patrick as soon as college was over to double check that he didn't have anything on that night or the next. He was clear and Patrick told him to have fun but don't do anything stupid, Loic knowing that he was referring to drugs without needing to say it.

He stopped off at a corner store to pick up a bottle of Tom's favourite drink, intending to hide it in his room so that he could have it to himself if he wanted, but knew that he would most likely bring it out and share it with everyone.

The party was going to be big, that was for sure. Tom had invited only thirty or so people but he had said it was an open invitation to anyone else, as long as every party coming brought liquor with them, so the party was going to have maybe a hundred or so people. It was no issue for Tom though as his house was larger than the usual ones for the area so would easily handle the number.

The only rules that Tom had been given by his parents were that the only people who could stay over till the morning were the people he had invited himself and that the house had to be clean by the time they got home on Sunday.

He rode the rest of the way to Tom's house. His parents were quite wealthy so he had the big house and the stereotypical life that came with money. He was also on the rugby team which made it even more of a cliché.

He pulled his motorbike into the driveway of Alex's driveway, only living a few blocks down from Tom's place. Alex walked out the front door a few minutes later, joining Loic out the front. They walked down the rest of the way and could hear the party already underway as they arrived.

They walked in the side door rather than the front as there were people surrounding it. They quickly found Tom, though it wasn't easy as there were already so many people there. He was already drunk which was to be expected from him, and had his arm around a girl from school which was also to be expected.

"Alex! Loic! Come grab a drink and let's get wasted!" He shouted excitedly.

Both Alex and Loic laughed and walked over to join him.