I didn't want to ask Matt but from time to time I was looking at people around hoping to find him. I didn't even know why I wanted to see him. Maybe it was just because the perfect painting of this evening seemed unfinished without his smug and vintage colours.

I almost lost my hope and accepted Alex's absence when all of a sudden he appeared.

I was standing with my back to him but I didn't need to turn my head to know that he came. When he entered the building I almost felt it. I had an impression that his presence changed an atmosphere around. It felt like the air became heavier, the light dimmed and the voices sounded distantly. Or was it just me?

I turned my head slightly not wanting to be caught by his dark glance. With a corner of my eye, I could see him entering the room.

He went down a couple of stairs from the front door to the living room area lazily with an unreadable look on his face. His hair was perfect, his eyes were bored. His boots were knocking every time he was making a step and it was understandable that Alex wasn't the one who could give promises. Black jeans, simple button-up shirt and the usual leather jacket. It was like he even didn't have to try hard to look extremely attractive.

Alex greeted a few people at the party passing by as if it was nothing. A shade of smile on his handsome features but nothing else. I was trying to catch all his movements as if they were unreal, illusory, just a product of my imagination. A night dream that you try to remember.

Jules and Matt were talking to me but I couldn't catch what they were saying answering simple "yeah" or "right". I lost the topic when Alex entered the room and now, when he was here, it was impossible to think of something else.

I missed the moment when he stopped near some woman giving her a playful smirk. I couldn't see her face but her blonde-gold hair and a gorgeous figure in a silk maroon dress were telling me she was a beauty. They were talking and I could see his pleased expression that made me feel really strange. I guess it was a scene where I had to see him charming someone else. It wasn't like I was jealous or something but I had that annoying question spinning in my head "Who was she for him?"

And I knew I should probably stop staring but I just couldn't look away. So, when Alex leaned to say something in woman's ear our eyes met.

The usual smug smirk painted his face and something unfamiliar flashed in his inky deep pupils. We were far from each other but the distance made no difference 'cause his glance was like a charge of electricity spreading around the house.

I froze on my spot feeling exposed in front of him. It was only between us that we were sharing glances and everybody at this party had no idea about it, even that Venus-like woman near him. However, I felt ashamed like he undressed me for everyone to see.

We were having a moment of a duel when it felt like we both were holding weapons but he was the one who could make an accurate shot. And he did.

Alex leaned closer to woman's ear and whispered to her something looking directly into my honey eyes. His lips were moving painfully slow as if he was torturing me, showing how easy it was to get me nervous. He wanted me to look and I could almost feel his hot mint breath on my neck like he was standing near me and saying that words only for me. It was the game where I lost at the beginning and we both knew it.

I saw it when the woman giggled and I caught a glimpse of a cherry lipstick on her full lips. I was wondering if he'd ever kissed them.

Alex smiled at the blonde beauty but his eyes were still laughing at me. Even when he fluently kissed her almost porcelain cheek moving away it was a mock.

I couldn't handle it anymore so I broke our eye contact feeling a slight relief without his intense glance on me. I turned my head to Matt and Jules again to concentrate a little 'cause my thoughts were a complete mess at that moment.