Chapter 13

Johnny and I walked to go get Kara. I walked in first with Johnny behind me. Kara was sitting on the couch.

"Kara we're going to the lot. You wanna come?" I asked coolly trying to throw her off.

"Where were you just just at?" She asked. Getting up and heading to my room to change. Johnny and I looked at each other. He gave me a "just go with it look" and his expression changed and he took my hand.

"We'll tell you later..." he said not looking away.

"Ohhh! I get it!" She said with a giggle. She changed and we headed for the lot and cut through the woods to get to the Curtis's.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"I forgot my jacket here yesterday." Johnny replied. We walked up the steps. The lights were off and it sounded like no one was home. Johnny and I went in first and hid. After a couple minutes she finally walked in. Darry flipped on the light and everyone yelled surprise! For a second she had on attack mode because Yorkie girls dont really like surprises but then she softened. Jennie donated a couple costume pieces for us. We gave Kara a boa and I put a crown on her head and hugged her.

"Happy Birthday Buddy!" I said. She just started laughing. For the next hour more Kara's friends arrived. Yeah thats right, I shipped some of them here. First it was this girl that I didnt really know but on the second to last day of school at the Pavilion, they hung out alot so I called her up. Then it was Zander. I dont really know how he knew about this party but he still hugged her and celebrated. Next there were more people that came. The entire time while greeting her friends Soda and her were attached at the hip. Inseparable. She looked like she was having a great time. She didnt once not have a smile on her face probably because Soda was telling jokes and wanted to show her off to all of his friends that came.

"How did Zander get here?" I asked Johnny. I thought that he wouldnt know and we could be puzzled together for awhile.

"I called him." Johnny said smiling but not even looking at me.

"What? Why?"

"I thought it would be nice." He was now looking at me and grinning. I just giggled a little and brushed it off. How did he know about him?...