Chapter 3

I know what your thinking. I just met the guy and I'm following him to wherever... but it wasn't like that with Johnny, or at least I strongly assumed. I trusted him and that was kinda different for me.. I have trust issues. A few months ago I read in the paper over my dad's shoulder that two boys were wanted then heroes from Tulsa and Johnny looked kinda familiar.. then I shook it off knowing that the boy was in the hospital and wasn't going to make it.

We walked up to a shabby looking house and Johnny still had a hold of me. He walked through the door and didn't even knock, but it was unlocked, so... I guess it seems legit. He went in first and said hey to some people and then I walked in. All eyes on me fell on me, looking me head to toe. I strongly worried and thought all possible outcomes of what might happen. Let me just say that these boys were the kind of boys that would walk through the park back home and Kara and I would whistle and hoot at them. They were gorgeous. Johnny went around the room to a guy sitting on the floor wearing a mickey mouse t-shirt.

"This is Two-Bit" Johnny said.

"Two-Bit this is.....uh.."

"Beth."

"Hi" he said.

He moved to two boys that were wrestling when we came in but stopped when they saw us.

"This is Sodapop and Steve."

"Call me Soda." The prettier one said with a cocky wink.

"Hi. My name is Steve but you can call me your boyfriend, Baby."

"Cool it!" Johnny snapped at him.

"Worth a try." Steve replied with a gentle shrug.

There was a man in the kitchen and Johnny pointed at him. "Thats Darry." The man shook his head.

"And that's my best friend Ponyboy." He pointed to a boy not much older that 14 reading a book, he looked up and smiled at me. I could feel my cheeks grow red and hot. Boy was he good looking. His hair was blonde so he stuck out from the rest of his dark haired friends. Just then the door slammed open and another, drunk boy crashed through onto the floor. "Hi!" He said.

"And that's Dally.." Johnny smirked rubbing the back of his neck.

"You're pretty!" Dally slurred at me. I blushed and tucked a piece of my red hair behind my ear. Darry and Sodapop picked him up under his arms and laid him on the couch that Ponyboy was on. Johnny flashed Ponyboy a look and Ponyboy nodded. "You wanna get out of here?" Johnny whispered.
I shrugged. "Sure."