Chapter 4 - The Return of The Thirteenth & Prima

Sideswipe stared at Megstron. "Sooooo your Megatron hu?" Sideswipe asked. He didn't wait for any answer. "You don't look dangerous. So what's up with that paint job?"

"SIDESWIPE!!!!!!!! Get your aft here!" Knockout stared angrily at his youngest.

Megatron just laughed softly. So this was the twin Sunstreaker and Orian had spoken so fondly about. He seemed every bit of that of a prankster. He watched as Ratchet walked over and hit him with a wrench.

"OW!!! Sire! I didn't, I'm sorry not the wrench of dooooom!" Sideswipe wailed and ran over to his brother. He held Sunstreaker out in fornt of him like a shield.

Sunstreaker growled at his brother. "Watch the paint!"

Megatrol rolled his eyes. The yellow mech truly seemed to be more like his carrier than his sire.

Optimus looked at Megatron. She couldn't have? Could she? Was it possible that Megatron was the new Prime? The Way the legendary Primes had spoken it was like Megatron had been presented with the matrix of leadership before, along time ago. If that was the case then why did he refuse it? Why did he reject the mantle of Prime? Optimus was at a loss. He didn't know what to think about this. Megatron was suppose to be Prime millennia ago and yet it was he who bore the title not the gladiator.

"Megatron" Optimus called softly. The Twins were causing a scene, everyo9was focased on their silly bickering.

Megatron meet his eye and frowned. The two old cybertronian walked away from the group.

"Optimus" Megatron adressed him trying to understand why the Prime needed to speak to him in private.

Optimus sighed. "You do not need to hide it. Not from me. We know one another too well to be ablento keep secrets. I know She gave you the matrix."

And there it was. Out in the open. Megatron opened his subspace and looked at the relic fearfully. "I never wanted this when I was a boy. Back when I defeated the Quintessons. Now they throw it in my face yet again. I'm no Prime. I never was." Megatron looked at his peds. He avoided Optimus's gaze.

Optimus saw his friends pain and fear. "Megatron if there is one thing I have learnt is that you are a true Prime. You had no chance of defeating the Quintessons and yet you did whith no battle training. You did it with your spark. You acted as a Prime and rallied all Cybertronians against your opressors. You saves Cybertron from Zeta when he went mad. You may have lost your way during the Great War yet you relinquished the title of leadership over the Desepticons and daved our planet from it's corrupted goverment. You helped deafeat Unicron. You are more than any Prime could be or ever will be. You are a hero and a leader Megatron. Cybertron needs their Prime. I need you."

Megatron looked at him. For the first time for so long Megatron cried. Energon freely flowed from his optics. He cried quietly as Optimus held him. Even when he sank to the ground Optimus Prime never let him go. The two remained like that for some time.

Megatron looked Optimus in the optics. The two stood up. Which one last flicker of fear Megatron opend up his spark chamber. He merged his spark with that of the Matric of leadership.

A blinding light surrounded them both.

"Ratchet what's that!" Bukhead yelled out pointing jn the direction of a strange light. They all ran over to investigative.

There before them stood Optimus Prime. He had upgraded again. To their suprise he looked just like he had when he had been Orion Pax. He was small in stature and quite femme like. He opened his optics and gasped.

Next to him stood a Mech that they had never seen before. He seemed to resemble Megatron, yet he was taller leaner and there in his digits was the Star Saber. His optics flickered to life and he looked around until he saw Optimus. "Brother? Is that truly you? I-I can't belive it. I was Prima... I mean me, the whole time and you, you were you. I feel like a fool."

Optimus looked up at Prima and grinned. "Well you know you only half look like a fool. Our brother are right you are right, you have been a stubborn idiot. That title normally goes to Megatronus. He'd have given us both a whooping if hed known how idiotic we'd been."

Prima laughed. "Yes that he would. That means that Orian is then Solus. Megatronus has her back. Isn't he in for a nice surprise."

Optimus shook his helm. "No he isn't. Orian will still be Orian. Ths matrix cannot reach her in that dimension. When they return then and only then will Solus return to us. Megatronus has Solus's life in his servos. There is no third chance. If Orian dies that's it. Her life is his yet again."

The two looked at their friends and laughed. Boy did they have some explaining to do. The old friends hung off one another as they told their stories. Or rather the very quick condensed version of it beacuse honestly if they told the full story they'd be sitting there for countless generations.

This is what I had been planning the whole time. Megatron is Prima while Optimus is the unamed thirteenth Prime who's name was lost to the ages. Orian is Solus.

The idea was a lost bigger and harder to come up with. Trying to figure out something totaly original and not like a lot of other people's works has let's be honest here. Really really hard.

I thinks you guys might be ablento see my end game now. I suppose that the wait for this chapter was worth it.

Well now we just have to kill Unicron. Fix a deranged Liage Maximo and get Megatronus, Solus/Orian out of the wacko dimension. Also defeat the Quintessons.

I'm an ass. My poor characters. I'm so mean to them.