16.

i opened my eyes. i heard too many voices speaking at once but couldn't understand anything being said. i tried to move or talk. i couldn't.

the room seemed dark. my head and vision was fuzzy. i saw a dark figure over me. i couldn't feel much until i felt a heavy and burning sensation in both of my wrists. i tried to move them but couldn't. i tried focusing on the person over me. i saw him smiling until he noticed i was staring right at him. my head was turned away from the person over me, and now i was staring at a girl. a girl i couldn't recognized. with any hidden strength left in me, i tried pushing them away from me. muffled laughs filled my ears.

i saw a bright light. it went dark, and i lost consciousness.

~

i couldn't breath; i was gasping for air. i sat up from my lying position. i was drenched in sweat. i smelled something sour. looking down, i saw vomit on my dress. i began choking for air. i got up from the bed i was on. something didn't feel right. my bra was unbuckled. before exiting from the room, i saw myself in the mirror on the wall. part of my dress was tucked into my underwear. i quickly pulled it out. i was confused. i couldn't even remember ever getting in this room.

i went to open the bedroom door only for it to be locked. why had it been locked? i glanced around the room; no one was in there with me. i unlocked and opened the door. i still didn't feel like myself.

i stumbled over my feet as i walked, holding onto anything to help me walk. as i was approaching the stairs, i noticed someone sitting on the first step to go down. i wasn't in the right state to talk. i thought everyone would be gone or passed out.

"emma?" i stopped walking and turned around to whoever called me. i didn't see anyone. i turned back around and saw the person sitting now standing facing me. they started walking towards me. i stared at them. my mind was blank for a second. i barely recognized who it was. it was nick. nick. his eyebrows furrowed. i wiped my face, wiping the sweat. i must have looked terrible. it seemed as if he barely recognized me.

"i-i don't know what happened?" i choked out. i was shaking.

"emma..." he stood in front of me and looked at me from head to toe. he didn't look too happy. he had part of his face makeup still on.

"i don't know what happened." i repeated, looking down at our feet. he touched my hand with his.

"i need to get you home." he held me close to him as we walked down the stairs. i almost fell a couple of times. as we walked through the different rooms, there were several people passed out. no one seemed to be awake yet. i had no idea what time it was.

we made it out of the trashed house. i was able to inhale fresh air. we walked to nick's car, where he helped me get in and get buckled. we drove in silence. i tried fighting the dazed feeling that i still felt. i looked down at my wrists and saw that they were forming bruises. i looked at nick. he looked lost in his thoughts staring at the road.

"i can't go home." i whispered resting my head against the passenger window.

"i know. we're going to mine." my stomach knotted.

"nick, pullover." covering my mouth and unbuckling my seatbelt, nick stopped the car on the side of the road. i opened the door and rushed out to throw up whatever i could.

i leaned against the side of nick's car when i was done. he stood next to me making sure i was okay. i was still shaking. i squeezed his hand that he held out for me. as soon as i calmed my breathing, nick asked if i was ready to go. i wasn't really but i knew i had to get cleaned up.

we sat parked outside of a house that didn't look like one i've seen. none of us moving or saying anything. we were probably trying to understand what may have happened at the party. i was afraid to admit to what may have happened. my body was aching.