2.

monday.

the start of another week.

the start of the countdown for the next weekend house party.

the start of drama.

 i walked to my locker and opened it to grab a book i needed for my class. there was a yellow sticky-note sticking to the inside of my locker door:

you didn't let me thank you for helping me out. thank you. see you around? (;

-frost.

 i shoved the note deep into my backpack. how did he even know where my locker was? i never seen this kid around school at all. was i just being oblivious?

"my queen, emma! yes, work that outfit." i closed my locker. i turned around to a bubbly justin. he placed his arm around my shoulders and walked us to our class. i noticed people staring at us while we walked.

"why are people staring at us?" i looked around. some students were making their subtle whispers very obvious that they were talking about me.

"maybe your brother did something stupid or maybe because they're staring at our gorgeous highlight." he pointed to his highlight on his face. i laughed and shrugged.

"did you hear back from 'prince charming'?" i asked.

"sadly, not yet. tear." he made a sad face. i laughed shaking my head.

 everything was going alright at school besides the constant thought of just wanting to go home and not be at school as well as the awkward stares from people. it really changes while i was walking to my last class. i bumped into someone while talking and joking with justin.

"hey, watch it!" justin yelled at the person we bumped into.

"i'd like to say, you watch it." it was 'frost.' i stared at justin and felt 'frost' looking at me. he walked into the classroom and we followed behind. i sat down in my seat that was in the back of the room. justin sat in front of me but he went to go socialize before class started. i was on my phone looking through pictures i took recently, when a piece of folded paper was passed onto my desk. i looked up and didn't see anyone looking at me. i opened the note:

meet me after school. txt me and i'll tell you where. 9244446290

-frost.

 i looked over at him. i noticed he had a black eye, bruised cheek and jaw. he avoided me. i crumbled up the note and walked to the trash bin to throw it away. i walked back to my seat and class had started. not many stares or whispers. ryan, my brother's friend from the other night, stared at me and shook his head when i finally looked at him to see if he was staring at me.

odd.

justin and i walked out of class together.

"meet me by the car, i need to go talk myself into getting an A in math." justin said winking at me and rushing past the crowd. he gave me his car keys.

 i got to his car and was about to open the door when a hand reached over me and pushed closing the door, holding it closed. i turned around and saw that it was 'frost.'

"what the hell are you doing?" i attempted to open the door again but he held it shut.

"why'd you throw away the note?"

"i don't need to meet up with you." i stepped away from him, realizing that we were close to each other.

"i wanted to talk."

"about what? i don't even know you, 'frost.' what kind of name is that anyways?" i almost laughed. he shrugged.

"i had a bleached streak in my hair one time. people just started calling me that." he chuckled, "listen, i just wanted to talk about saturday night."

"you were drunk, getting beat up, i helped you out. the end."

"i'm pretty sure i told you why, and i may have said some things that i shouldn't have."

"nope." i mumbled.

"good." he turned to walk away. however, i did have a question for him.

"'frost,'" i called out, "do you have 'blues?'" he quickly turned back around to me.

"i don't sell girls drugs. in fact, i don't sell drugs at all. the name just sticks." he looked around as he talked.

"then, what the fuck did you mean that my brother told you never to sell to me?" he smiled.

"so i did say some things i shouldn't have..."

"i can't really tell you, emma." i became frustrated.

"well, you're going to tell me." i demanded. he laughed and shook his head.

"oh, i have something else to ask you, but it looks like your friend is coming." he nodded his head 'directing' behind me. i looked over my shoulder and saw justin walking over on his phone. i turned back around to see 'frost' walking away.

"who the hell are you?" 'frost' was a ridiculous name that i wasn't going to be calling him.

"nick." he called back to me.