5.

my body became numb.
my mind was fuzzy.
she stood there.
she pointed.
everyone looked.
then, she spoke.

"attention. attention. there she is, everyone." i kept my stare on astrid because if i had looked at everyone, i would have broken down and embarrassed myself. i had to stand my ground. i felt all of their stares on me. the whispers had began.
"emma, well known for fucking drunk people. isn't that right, frost?" i didn't move. i tensed up though.
"that's-" he tried shouting to her before she cut him off.
"oh wait, you wouldn't know because you were wasted. you poor thing. and guess what, everyone? you might want to protect yourselves, boys, because i know her next target." my eyes went wide. my chest was tight, and i couldn't breathe. she winked at me.

before she could continue, the power went out. it was pitch black in the house. some people started screaming, yelling, and cursing. astrid tried calming people down. lights from cell phones lit up the room. someone grabbed my arm and pulled me through the crowd of people. because of the blur of my mind and numbness of my body, i had my eyes closed. they pulled me out of the house.

"fuck." they cursed out loud letting out a sigh. i opened my eyes and saw nick running his hands through his hair and then down his face. i closed my eyes again trying to keep myself from crying. i clenched my jaw.
"emma." i felt him closer to me. i stepped back keeping my eyes closed. some of the numbness had to do with the little alcohol i had but mostly because of the anger i had towards astrid. i felt dizzy.
"we really need to talk."
i opened my eyes quickly.
"i need to get out of here." i mumbled. i pushed past nick heading down no where i knew.
"emma, where are you going?" i ignored him.
"hey, you're not walking out here alone, especially in the mindset that you are." he was following me. i turned around.
"listen, stay the fuck away from me. got it?" i was about to shove him away but he grabbed my wrist and slowly put my arms down.
"i'll get justin to take-"
"i don't need you to do anything for me." i began walking to the house. nick was still following me. people were already gathering outside waiting for the power to turn on. suddenly, justin came out running from the side of the house. he saw me and rushed to me pulling me away from the house.
"where were you?!" i yelled at him. we were away from the crowds.
"huh?!" my vision became blurry as i began tearing up.
"i was in there getting humiliated." my voice cracked as i broke down. justin pulled me into a tight hug.
"i had to turn off the power. frost told me to shut it down." he was rubbing my back, "come on, we need to leave before they turn it back on." we rushed to justin's car. i didn't see nick leave, but he left.

justin left me at home. he asked if i needed him to stay with me, but i just wanted to be alone. i was upset that he abandoned me at the party. i wanted to sleep the day off.

as i got in bed, my phone went off for a text message, nick:

im sorry. x

i put my phone down and settled in my bed. i hoped it would all go away. all the lies and rumors. astrid made everything 10 times worse. i didn't even want to face christopher, but i knew that i had to. i was upset and hurt, and he had to know that his girlfriend ruined my life. she put herself in something she didn't have to. it only made me think that she was the one who started the rumor.

~

[AN: feel free to leave feedback. ♡]