"I thought you said you weren't going to bother me anymore? You can't even keep your word." Gray tattles as soon as I settle down on my seat. She really doesn't hold back on her words. 

I grin at her, knowing it would annoy her. "I won't. I'm doing this for the project. And honestly, I'm not good at avoiding people. It's a hassle. I don't like being restricted." 

"Suit yourself." She takes out a piece of paper and poises her pen on top of it. Her tone changes to a clipped one, business-like, the one she uses when she's talking about academics. "What sport do you have in mind?" 

I think about it. There are a lot of sports I would really love to explore, especially the ones I don't do. "I want to go for something uncommon, like sepak takraw."

Gray's forehead creases. "Sepak takraw? What's that?" 

"It's like volleyball but without using your arms or hands," I explain. 

She nods her head slowly. "Okay, let's do that." She writes the sport in neat handwriting. 

"How about you? What do you want?" 

"Chess." 

I look at her questioningly, surprised by her choice. "Why chess?" 

She shrugs. "One of my brothers play it. I think it's interesting." 

"Okay, let's go with that." I agree. "Can I pick the last one?" 

She nods. 

"Figure skating," I suggest with a big smile on my face. 

Gray bites her lower lip. Something I've never seen her do before, and fuck she looked so sexy. "Why?" She asks. 

"It's beautiful. I've always admired people who can do that." Yes, like the girl I saw in the competition 4 years ago. 

It happened before we left the Philippines. My mom won free tickets to a figure skating competition. We all went together and I was extremely excited about it. It was my first time watching something like that, after all. 

Every person who performed was amazing but one particular girl caught my eye. She was a tall petite blonde who made everyone swoon the moment she began her routine. Every twist and turn and spin and jump was executed perfectly. It was no wonder she won the competition. 

I may have forgotten her name but I will never forget the way she made me feel. 

Gray falls silent. She writes down the sport without a word and submits it to Mrs. Heath. After going over our list, she gives us the okay. When Gray comes back, her expression has returned to its normal poker face. 

"I'm sorry about the things I said in the office," I tell her. Staying mad at people isn't really one of my strong suits. 

She brushes off my apology like it didn't mean anything to her. That was expected. She was Gray after all. 

"But what I said was true," I continue. "I think you're just misunderstood. You acting this way is just a defense mechanism you put up to protect yourself." 

She turns to face me, lips pursed. "You don't know me." 

"You don't know me either." I counter. "But we can make assumptions right? Like the way you made yours about me." 

"It's the truth." 

I click my tongue. "I'm not the person you think I am, Gray. Why won't you believe me?" I could only be thankful for the chattering of our classmates drowning out the desperation in my voice.