☆Pink☆

SAM'S POV

I stepped out of the shower and slipped into a light purple frilly night gown. Max had gotten it for me today. He had been patient throughout and he had both some unisex clothes for the baby, I dent even know why, the baby was still five months away. I guess he was just eager.

After I finished dressing and did my hair into a messy bun, I walked slowly to the edge of his bed. Max had disappeared immediately he dropped me home and he didn't talk about the sleeping arrangement, I was confused on where to sleep.

Not wanting to incur Max's wrath, I opted for the couch. It was comfortable, and it had just the right length and width, and it was scented, I laid on it, covered my self into a blanket, hugged my pillow- I can't sleep without that, and went to sleep.

I was snapped out of my dream less sleep by Max, he was shaking my left shoulder, I was glad he didn't use water to wake me up.

"What are you doing?" He asked, annoyance lacing his voice.

"Funny I was going to ask you the exact same question." I replied dryly in my half sleeping state.

"This is no time for joke Sam." He ran a hand through his hair, "Why are you curled up on the couch, couldn't you stay on the bed! Do you want my baby to have cramps!"

"Its not even a baby yet!" I defended, I really need to start researching, "And would you stop calling it mine, it's ours!"

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Just get up."

"No," I stuck my tongue out and attempted to sleep back.

Suddenly my blanket was yanked away from my body, and I shivered due to the cold.

"Get up now Sam!" I huffed, puffed, mumbled and got up. I just hate it when people interrupts my sleep.

I was dozing while standing son I didn't hear what Max said, I just nodded. After a few minutes of Silence, I felt Max's warm hands, cover mine and he led me to the bed.

He carried me and laid me gently on the bed, I tossed and turned till I found a comfortable position, then a blanket was placed on top of me, I smiled and soon fell asleep again.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

I woke up to see stormy gray eyes looking at me, it lazily blinked shut and opened again to resume staring at me.

"You still drool when you sleep."

My cheeks flushed but I didn't reply, I didn't know what to say, his gaze flickered to my stomach and back up at me, "Can I touch it?"

I nodded and he gently placed his left hand on my stomach, he closed his eyes and breathed in, "My baby."

I so bad wanted to correct him that it was ours, But I bit my tongue and held it in, not wanting to ruin the moment.

He opened his eyes to look at me, "You are going to register for anti-natal." I nodded. He withdrew his hand and stood up. He headed to his bathroom and soon enough I heard the sound of water.

When he was done, I went in too, I took time washing my hair and my body, and glanced down at my stomach and screamed in horror. Suddenly the bathroom door, flew open and a panicked Max came in, "Whats wrong?! What happened?!" He asked worriedly his eyes scanning the entire bathroom.

"See," I pointed at me stomach, "I have stretch marks!" I cried.

Max sighed, he always does that when he his irritated, he stared at the wriggle pale yellow lines on my stomach  scanned me up and down and the tips of his ear turned red.

I realized in horror, that I  was naked! "I'm just going to..er..do that thing I was doing before." He mumbled without making eye contact and headed out hurridly.

I still stood there transfixed to the spot before snapping out of my reverie, finishing up my bath and stepping out.

I wore a blue off shoulder gown, it was not to tight and yet not too free, it was just perfect, I pulled my hair into a tight ponytail.

Just as I brought out my phone to call my mum, Max came into the room with a plate full of pancakes. My stomach grumbled loudly out that.

"Here, eat." He said asnhe stood beside me. I collected the plate and water.

"When you are done call me, we have to Set up the baby's room."

What?! Why is he in an hurry, the baby is still five months away, it's not even a baby yet-I think. Honestly I didn't know. Either way, I nodded.

He walked out of the room, when I finished eating called him and soon Lucy had come to meet me.

"Hurry up Sam!" She demanded while tapping her left foot on the floor.

I sighed, I just wanted to sleep, is it too much to ask?

"Fine," I grumbled and stood up, She led me downstairs to a room, it was very big, like most of the rooms in the Kimball's mansion.

Max was there, he was adjusting a baby cot. He wiped sweat of his brow and I couldn't help noticing how handsome he looked in a white singlet and black shorts.

"Argh! My eyes." Lucy yelled dramatically.

"What's wrong?" I asked her worriedly, Max seemed indifferent.

"Pink! Everywhere."

She was right, the walls were pink, the baby cot had pink in it. The table, pink, chairs pink. It was a pink, princess room.

"Remove all the pink!" Lucy yelled again, "We don't want her turning to Kenzie." She shuddered.

"Wait how are you so sure it's a girl?" Even Max had said the same thing.

He shrugged, "Instinct, now get your ass over here and help me move this."

Aren't pregnant women supposed to rest? "I can't move that gigantic cot, I'm carrying a baby."

He looked at me and mimicked me in that high pitch voice he always used, "But it's not even a baby yet."

And for a moment I was reminded of a Max, my Max not the one scowling at me.

I gulped, Maybe this engagement thing, might work.

A/N

I know it seems boring now, I'm just building up the drama for the next chapter!

3 more to go ❤