☆The Visit☆

SAM'S POV

"You see Emma has a problem," Kenzie started, "She is slightly mad."

I shaked my head sideways, "No, I've never seen her mad, she is always calm, cool and collected."

"Not mad as in anger," Spencer said while walking towards the bed, "Mad as in insane, wonky in the head."

Really, I've never seen sighs of it before. Apparently noticing my confusion, Kenzie explained, "Have you noticed, she doesn't talk much,"

"Yes, there are only few times we spoke." I confirmed.

"Yes, she has spoken to me few times too, and I've know her all my life." Kenzie said sadly.

My mouth hung open in shock," Really, why?"

It was Spencer that answered, "She doesn't form attachments, so all the love she has to offer, she has placed it on Max."

"She is obsessed with Max."

"When we were younger before They started dating, Max mentioned about asking you out on a date." Kenzie said while gazing at the wall mornufully.

"But then Emma heared and in the next hour, she was found in a pool, almost dead."

"She tried to drown herself."  Spencer added he was sitting on Kenzies bed, his legs dangling from the edges

My eyes widened in shock, my legs wobbled beneath me. I quickly walked to Kenzie's bed and plopped down on it beside Spencer.

"When asked why she did that? She replied and I quote," Kenzie said while she did air quotes. "Max doesn't want me, what's the point in living if he does not love me."

"Only Jake knew about her feelings towards Max, he was the one that suggested Emma should be taken to a psychiatrist. She was taken and a month later she was released and declared normal, Max thought that was a go for him, so he joined art class, the day he did that, Emma shot herself, she bought a gun specifically for that," Kenzise said and her eyes were filled with unshed tears.

Spencer continued, "She was a novice with guns that was why she couldn't do the job well, you should have seen how angry she was when she woke up, she raged for hours, injuring the nurses, not taking treatments, yelling and screaming for hours the only time she stopped was when Max went to visit her,"

"Soon her parents begged Max to date her, he refused at first but Emma became more violent more aggressive and it was becoming hard for Max to calm her down, so he agreed. It was easy, they already knew everything about themselves being best friends and all."

It was quiet on the room for a while, "I thought obsessed lovers only hurt the ones they love." I asked.

Kenzie shaked her head, "Yes, but Emma's case is different she loves Max too much and she can't bear to hurt him which is why she tries to commit sucide."

"Love is dangerous Sam, do you know when it's dangerous? When you get crazy in love, you lose your sanity, you feel like the only thing that can mend you is that one persons's love," Spencer whispered to me.

It was silent again, I broke the silence again, "So you are saying, Max is not with Emma because he wants to be, he is with Emma because he has to be."

At an affirmative nod from Kenzie, I broke down into tears, "My God what have I done," I muttered remembering the harsh words I had said to Max.

"Kenzie can you please drive me somewhere," I Saw Kenzie tense from the corner of my eye.

"I'll take you," Spencer volunteered.

I nodded and headed to the door with Spencer behind me, "Thank you, both of you," Kenzie waved at me in reply and Spencer ruffled my hair.