"Why am I on your mind, Caroline?"

"Because—" I paused to think what I had to say. "Because you're my boss."

He raised a brow and smirked.

"And I embarrassed myself in front of you."

"You did?"

"Yes! Of course I did. First my blouse, and then...ugh," I groaned. "That dampness on your hand after taking the files from me? Yeah, that was sweat."

"I know." He chuckled. "I figured it out when you stormed out of my office like that."

"And...and you're not grossed out?" I made a face.

"No. Actually, I find it pretty hot that I made you sweat like that."

My jaw dropped open. "That's...that's not—ugh, never mind."

I shook my head. "I don't like you."

"Why not?"

"It's a general dislike," I muttered.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He frowned.

"I've met you like, twice—three times, but right now won't be counted since you're not real—and I can tell you're the kind of person who never accepts defeat." I let out a breath. "Like...it's like you will go to any extent to not hear a no. You know what I mean?"

He looked past me, like he was deep in thought, and then he shook his head.

I sighed. "Like you suddenly gave me all those files to work on today just to prove a point."

"What point?"

"That you're the boss."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "First, I am the boss. I don't need to prove that." A smirk formed on his lips. "And second, I wanted to go easy on you on your first day but you provoked me."

Well, that's true.

"And what about...yesterday?" I stifled a yawn, my eyelids dropping.

"What about yesterday?" he asked in confusion.

"When I told you what happened with Penny—" I slurred, "—and you believed me, I thought you were nice."

I folded my arms on the counter and rested my head sideways to look at him.

"But then you threatened me," I muttered. "Knowing full well that I didn't do anything."

He frowned.

"You were so harsh," I muttered, my eyelids dropping again.

And that's not nice.

I wanted to say it out loud but couldn't.

He suddenly shook my shoulder very roughly and I jumped in my spot, staring at him with wide eyes.

Only, it wasn't him.

It was Rebekah.

"Where is he?" I looked around.

"Who?" She frowned, seeming a lot more sober now.

"Nick Sinclair. He was here."

She blinked at me for a moment.

Then, she groaned. "Oh God! This can't be happening."

I frowned. "What?"

"Caroline, please tell you weren't dreaming about him."

"What? No." I looked around the place in confusion. "He was here. Really!"