Chapter 13

Y/N's POV

I laid on my bed, letting the calm wash over me. My vision slowly came back to me.
"You're in the penthouse suite, kid! The tip of the pyramid. Have a drink." I sat up.
"What's happening?" I asked, groggily.
"Haha! Look whose up! You can help me!" I rubbed my eyes as Ford and Bill slowly came into focus. Ford had a chain on his ankle and Bill held a small glass with a purple liquid in it.
"Quit the games, Cipher! If I'm still alive, you must want something from me!" Bill chuckled.
"Ah. Sharp as ever, Fordsy. As you may have noticed, I recently got a multi-dimensional makeover! I control space, matter, and now that that dumb baby's out of the way, time itself! But I wasn't always this way." Bill gazed at his glass with hurt in his eye. His eye turned blue. "You think those chains are tight? Imagine living in the second dimension, a flat world with a flat mind with flat dreams. I liberated my dimension, Stanford, and I'm here to liberate yours. There's just one hitch." His eye showed Bill being trapped inside a small bubble that he couldn't push out of. "As it turns out, my weirdness can't escape the magical confines of this town. There's something keeping me in."
"Incredible! Gravity Falls natural law of weirdness magnetism. I studied this years ago!"
"And did you find a way to undo it?"
"Of course. There's a simple equation that could collapse the barrier. But I'd never tell you!"
"Listen, Ford, if you just tell me that equation, finally your dimension will be free." I watched Bill draw a smiley face into the United States, then take a bite out of the Earth. He then flew to Ford who was standing in the middle of a galaxy. "Anything will be possible. I'll remake a fun world-- a better world! A party that never ends with a host that never dies! No more restrictions! No more laws! You'd be one of us. All-powerful. Greater than anything you've imagined! And all I need is your help."
"You're insane if you think I'd help you." Bill bust out laughing.
"I'm insane either way, brainiac! But have it your way. I'll just fish around and get that equation directly out of your mind!" Bill's form went gray and he entered the mental realm.
"Not so fast! You know the rules, Bill. You may be able to haunt my dreams but you can't enter my mind unless I shake your hand and let you in." Ford wiggled his six fingered hand.
Bill sighed and regained his physical form. He chained Ford's neck, legs, and arms.
"You're making this so much harder than it needs to be. Everyone has a weakness, tough guy! I'll make you talk! It's only a matter of time." Bill chuckled and Ford screamed.
"No!" I exclaimed. Bill stopped and turned to me.
"Y/N. You. are. on. MY SIDE." Bill made a motion across his neck, signaling a death threat. I felt myself flush.
"N-N-No, I mean, maybe you should leave him with me. I mean, you did say you wanted me to help you." I regained my confidence quickly, even though it was entirely fake.
"And just why should I trust you? This guy used to be your family." Bill raised and eyebrow, sarcastically.
"Because I love you, Bill. And if you love someone, you trust them." Bill sighed.
"And yet again, you have figured out how to break down my barricades." He grumbled, and tossed me the key to Ford's restraints. "I'll see you later. I have more weirdness to spread."
I spun a chair around and sat down in front of Ford.
"So." I began. "You fucked up." He looked, solemnly, at the ground.
"I know I did. But... you can help us. Stand up to Bill. End his reign of terror." He and I stared into each other's eyes for 30 seconds until I closed my eyes and looked away.
"I... can't." Ford stared at me.
"What do you mean?"
"I can't because I... love him." I whispered.
"What?"
"I love him, god dammit! I can't live without him!" I exploded out of my chair. "He's my everything. I... need him." I whispered, solemnly. I sat back down in my chair, slowly. I couldn't bring myself to look up at him and face the truth of what I had just said. I heard him sigh.
"Y/N. You don't love him. You don't need him. You can live without him. You're brainwashed by his powers. That's what Bill does. He gets in your head. You're stronger than he is. Break free from his mind tricks." His words swirled around in my head. They mixed with Bill's words.
"But... he told me he loved me..." I wept into my hands.
"He lied to you. He doesn't love you. He isn't capable of love. He's a heartless dream demon bent on world domination. You love your family. You love Dipper and Mabel and Stanley and Susan, not Bill. Just think about what Dipper and Mabel would say if you said you loved him." I wiped my eyes and slowly rose.
"Thats why I'm doing this. Bill said it himself, there's no room for heroes in this reality, and no room for heartbreak. Dipper and Mabel don't need to know. They just think I'm brainwashed. It's gonna stay that way." My eye gazed over the limp body of the struggling man. "As for you, Bill needs the equation from you and I was sent to get it. Something I don't think you realize is that I am a dream demon now. You and I don't have an agreement. I can go into your mind and retrieve it with no problems. I don't have to shake your god damn hand. You're finished... Fordsy." Ford's face dropped.
He knew that even if I was just brainwashed, I was right. He and I had no rules. I can travel about his mind freely. The whole rebellion was finished. He knew, the moment I used Bill's nickname for him; Fordsy.
"Are you ready? I'll try to make this as quick as possible, I promise." I gave a sickly sweet smile and entered the mind scape. Ford screamed.