Chapter Fourteen:

"I'm sorry Jason... I'm going to New York and my book will be published. And if you want to see the baby, I'll make it happen. But right now... I need to move on. And so do you." -JG

[Week of graduaton]

"Hey Jay!" Ms. Green squeals.

"Hey Ms. green. I came to get my cap and gown." I say.

"Okay. Here you go." She says passing it to me.

"Thank you." I smile.

"So... How's the baby?" She asks.

"It's fine. We're fine." I say smiling.

"Aw. That's good. I heard that your book was getting published too."

"Yeah it is." I sigh.

"Well you don't seem to be excited. I thought it was your dream?"

It was my dream. Writing is my life. But success is nothing without someone to share it with.

"I am. I just wish I could share it with that special someone."

"Oh I know what you mean. You'll find them soon enough." She reassures.

I look over to see Jason walking into the office. My heart drops as his blue eyes lock with mine.

"I thought I already had." I mumble walking past him, making sure we didn't touch.

"Jay..." I hear him call out to me, his voice soft and fragile.

And for the first time since I met him, it no longer had an effect on me. Or so I thought.

"Journey..." I hear Tessa call out to me. I ignore her, getting my keys out of my purse.

"Journey Ann Grace, stop!"

"What Tessa?! What?!" I yelp turning to face her.

"Can we please talk?" She asks calmly.

"About what?"

"Don't do this Journey... Just please talk to me."

"I don't want to talk to you. Can't you get that through you're fucking head?"

"So you're gonna let him come between us? Journey we've been friends for too long to let this break us."

"No. You let this happen. You have a boyfriend Tessa. A boyfriend who loves you. Y'know he cried to me when he found out about you and Jason. Nearly lost his mind. Thank god I helped him off the fucking edge."

"Look I don't want this to end us."

"Well you should've thought about the before you decided to ride his dick." I snap getting my keys.

"Journey, please."

"I trusted you Tessa. You were my best friend. You knew me so well. I thought you'd know never to do stupid shit like this. You let him come between us. You fucked him knowing that I was pregnant with his child and that I love him. So don't try to fix something you broke knowing the only thing you have is gum to put the pieces back together."

I got into my car, driving off and leaving her there. It broke my heart to let Tessa go. But I have to.

[Graduation Day]

"Journey? Did you pack for the trip yet?" My mom asks.

"Uh... Yeah. Everything's packed." I say sitting on my bed.

"Sweetie... Do you want to talk about it?"

"No. I'm fine." I sigh.

"Are you sure?" She asks again.