Chapter 25 - Next Mission

" I'm super full. " Chess gasped as she finished sucking a soldier's blood.

" Chess, you can't kill a hostage. " Horn said as Chess's eyes widened.

" Huh? No way! Hey, you can't die without my permission! " Chess reprimanded the dead soldier as Horn sighed.

" I-I'm sorry, Lord Crowley. " Chess apologised as Crowley hummed.

" Hm? It's fine, we still got more. " he said dismissively as he continued to read through the papers in his hands.

" Hear that? See Horn, you should drink too. " Chess said as she held up the soldier by the collar.

" You need to learn self-control and act more like a noble. " Horn reprimanded.

" Where's all the fun when you have to live so serious? Right, Lord Crowley? " Chess asked as she carelessly threw the soldier down to the floor.

" You should live a little more seriously, Chess. " Crowley said to which Chess groaned.

" At any rate, Lord Crowley, what do you think about today's attack? " Horn asked, " The humans have finally waged war on us. "

" Hmm. Yes, they have. " he then stood up and threw the papers he was reading onto the desk before approaching the dead soldier.

He then unsheathed the soldier's cursed gear which was in the form of a sword.

" Hey, Chess. Come over here for a second. " he gestured to Chess who blinked, confused before complying.

She walked towards Crowley who then turned around and swung the sword at her. Chess quickly pulled out her own sword before she was hit.

She then crashed into the wall, leaving a huge dent behind her.

" Wh-What was that for? " she stammered out.

" Well, I was wondering which weapon is stronger, a vampire's or a human's? " Crowley answered as he examined the sword.

" Any weapon that you use will be strong. " Chess said as she stood up.

" That's not what I was talking about. " Crowley said as he walked towards the window behind the desk.

" What do you mean? " Horn asked.

" Well, it seems that the humans are gaining strength way too fast. " Crowley observed as he slide his finger slowly on the sword and took his finger off, seeing a cut and blood coming out of it, " Like this vampire-killing sealing with the demon's curse. It's possible someone is leaking loads of our information to the humans. "

" Are you saying that there is a traitor among us? " Horn asked.

" And high ranking as well. " Crowley then sat behind the desk, " So, as you can see, the wound doesn't heal at all. You two should be careful. " he showed his finger that was bleeding.

" I'll get it treated immediately! " Horn said, panicking.

" Hmm, you can drink it if you want. " Crowley said nonchalantly.

Horn and Chess blushed.

" B-But, Lord Crowley... " Horn stuttered.

" Then I wanna drink it! " Chess exclaimed.

" But you already drank that human's blood. It's my turn now. " Horn argued as Chess pouted.