Chapter 10 - We Meet Again

As the team ran forward, (Y/N) and Yuu's faces darkened as they remembered unpleasant things when they passed by human children. All of the humans there shared the same feeling.

Fear.

They were all pressing their backs against the wall in fear.

" Let's move on to B3! The vampires are stationed there! " Mitsuba ordered as the team continued to run.

Soon, the team spotted a vampire in a white cloak and immediately Yuu went ahead solo and killed the vampire easily with one thrust of his sword.

Mitsuba was about to yell again when Yuu pulled her behind him and killed the vampire about to attack her from behind.

" Wh-What-? H-How is he so strong? " Mitsuba's face flushed slightly.

" He and (Y/N) are his favourites and have you seen how Guren acts around (Y/N)? He acts as if he's her father. " Shinoa replied.

Then, all of a sudden, (Y/N)'s eyes widened and her head shot up, looking towards the ceiling.

" Guys! Be careful! We've been tricked! There are eight vampires here! " she shouted just as the glass behind Mitsuba was shattered by the vampires entering through it.

'Shit. They must have used that poor little girl to trick us.' was what ran through the team's mind.

" B-Bastard...! How dare you...how could you...use that little girl...?! " Mitsuba rasped out as she struggled in the vampire's tight hold over her throat.

" You humans are so despicable. Once a friend or family member is in danger, you would do anything to save them...including tricking your own kind. " the vampire smirked as he ever so tightened his hold over Mitsuba's throat.

Then, a sweet and alluring scent drew the attention of the vampire to which he stared through the crowd in front of him and saw a female with long blue hair fighting two vampires by herself with one sword yet she can keep up with them.

He threw Mitsuba to the side as if she was some piece of garbage and made his way towards (Y/N).

" Minna! That's her! The half-vampire the queen had ordered us to capture! " the vampire announced loudly as every vampire looked towards (Y/N) and immediately threw the ones they were fighting with to the side and made their way towards her who slowly started to back up against a wall.

'Tch. I thought Krul would at least stop looking for me.' (Y/N) purses her lips into a thin line.

Mitsuba's eyes widened as she looked up to see (Y/N) surrounded with all of the eight vampires around her, proving no escape.

'No, they can't take her!' Mitsuba thought as she slowly and shakily stood up.

" Guys run! It's hopeless for me! " (Y/N) shouted as she pressed her back against the wall.

" As if I'm going to do that! You're my friend and I'm not losing one right now. Besides, I'm not going to let Mika's only love die. Not yet. At least avenge him before you die! " Yuu gritted out as he used his sword to support himself as he stood up.

(Y/N) quickly looked around her surroundings and saw a small opening. If she could just time it correctly, she would be able to pass them.

Quickly, she sheathed her sword and ran towards the vampires and immediately used her hands to place them on two vampires' shoulders and did a handstand before going back down to the ground before running off, shouting, " Hurry! " to her teammates who followed her lead.