Chapter 28 - Power

Yuu panted, clutching the left side of his chest where his heart is located. He was on his knees and demon markings were on his face.

" You're hopeless. " a voice said.

Yuu looked up to see Asuramaru squatting on the hilt of the sword.

" Just when I thought you gave up on revenge, you now obsess over family. " Asuramaru said.

" P-Power... " Yuu weakly reaches out his hand towards Asuramaru.

" You want power that bad? " Asuramaru asked.

" Y-Yeah, I need it to save Guren. So please! Please give me your power! " Yuu begged.

" Of course I will no matter how much you want. After all, I feed on your desire. " Asuramaru then hops off the hilt of the sword and crouched down in front of Yuu, " However, taking that pill was a mistake. It represses your desire and puts the curse into overdrive. But that's a paradox that's not going to work. You can't just take a pill and gain power without paying the price. "

Asuramaru then stood up and turned around.

" Then what should I do? What do I have to do to become stronger? " Yuu asked quietly.

" Unfortunately, you have already died. It's too late. " Asuramaru said as Yuu gasped.

" Huh? "

" You died instantly. Your organs and heart ruptured because of that pill. It ruptured so bad that even my regenerative capability couldn't repair it. It's completely over. "

" No way...Then, is this the afterworld? " Yuu asked.

" That would have been better. The afterworld is probably better. " Asuramaru said mysteriously.

" What do you mean? "

" You did die but you're not dead. Why do you think that is? Those disturbing angels are forcibly keeping you alive. " Asuramaru said the last sentence with disgust as Yuu turned around to see a golden trumpet.

" What is that? "

" I don't know. Looks like a trumpet. " Asuramaru shrugged.

Yuu began to move towards it but was stopped by a hand being placed on his shoulder.

" That thing is no good. You shouldn't go for it. Angels are worser than demons. " Asuramaru said just as Yuu's heart began to beat once again.

" Your heart's beating again. I can repair it form here. "

" But I— " Yuu was cut off by Asuramaru.

" It's better to accept me than that. I can fix you— " Yuu suddenly got himself free from Asuramaru's grip and began to move towards the trumpet.

" That's not necessary. I want that. " Yuu said as he staggered towards the trumpet.

" Dammit, is there no way to return him to his own self? " Asuramaru gritted his teeth and grabbed Yuu's outreached hand from touching the trumpet and stabbed Yuu with his other arm.

" I said, don't go for it. "

" Then give me your power! " Yuu shouted as he gripped Asuramaru's arm.

" Heh, what a greedy human. I've already given it to you. The three pills you took are still in effect. You can use my power two to three minutes without becoming a demon. Now, Yuu, wake up! "
*
Yuu's eyes shot open as he panted. His vision was blurry but could see his squad mate's shocked and disbelief expressions etched onto their faces.