Ten minutes later Kathleen was driving us around with Dean riding shotgun. Blue had appeared, so he and I were sitting in the back."Okay, the next traffic cam is fifty miles from here, and the pickup didn’t pass that one, so…." Kathleen was pointing at a camera as we drove past it. "So, it must’ve pulled off somewhere. I didn’t see any other roads here..." Dean trailed off. "Well, a lot of these backwoods properties have their own private roads," Kathleen informed, causing Dean to sigh, "Great," he sounded annoyed as he turned his head to stare out the window. "So, Gregory." she emphasized the name. Dean turned back to look at her, "Yeah?" he was confused now and so was I. "I ran your badge number. It’s routine when we’re working a case with state police. For accounting purposes and what have you," Kathleen went on. Dean gave an acknowledging hum. "And, uh, they just got back to me," she went on, pulling onto the side of the road. "It says here your badge was stolen." Dean feigned shock, "And there’s a picture of you," she sounded unimpressed as she turned the computer to Dean. "I lost some weight," Dean gave a nervous chuckle, "And I got that Michael Jackson skin disease," Dean excused. Kathleen unbuckled her seat belt, "Okay, would you step out of the car, please?" she requested. "Look, look, look," Dean started, she paused, "If you wanna arrest me, that’s fine. I’ll cooperate, I swear. But, first, please—let me find Sam." I scooted forward a bit, "Please?" I added, causing both of them to glance at me, "I don’t even know who you two are. Or if this Sam person is missing. Or if you kidnapped this girl." Dean went serious, "Look into my eyes and tell me if I’m lying about this." Kathleen gave him a look, "Identity theft? You’re impersonating an officer!" she snapped. "Look, here’s the thing. When we were young, I pretty much pulled him from a fire. And ever since then, I’ve felt responsible for him. Like it’s my job to keep him safe. I’m just afraid if we don’t find him fast—please. He’s my family," Dean's voice broke near the end of his sentence. "I’m sorry. You’ve given me no choice. I have to take you in," she glanced at the visor, there was a picture of her and another man, she sighed before rebuckling her seatbelt, "After we find Sam Winchester." Blue fist pumped, "Yes!"

The next morning, Dean and Kathleen got coffee and then we started driving up and down some highway for hours and hours. I had asked Blue to stay at the motel, so he stayed behind. I messing with the empty cup of hot chocolate when Dean started talking, "Wait, wait, wait—pull over here. Pull over," Kathleen pulled over and got out, Dean followed after her. I put my empty cup on the floorboard, "It’s the first turn-off I’ve seen so far." I heard Dean announce. "You stay here, I’ll check it out," Kathleen ordered. Dean shook his head, "No way." Kathleen slowed to a stop, "Hey. You’re a civilian. And a felon, I think. I’m not taking you with me," I could tell she wasn't going to give in. "You’re not goin’ without me," good thing Dean was just as stubborn. She sighed, "Alright. You promise you won’t get involved? You’ll let me handle it?" It couldn't be that simple to sway her could it? "Yeah, I promise." Kathleen took another step, "Shake on it," she offered her hand. Dean shook it, but Kathleen ended up handcuffing him to the car. She held up her keys as she locked the car. "Oh, come on," Dean called after her as she started walking down the path, "This is ridiculous. Kathleen, I really think you’re gonna need my help." Dean called after her. "I’ll manage. Thank you," she called before she disappeared from view. Dean muttered something under his breath, looking around for something to get out of the handcuffs with. I was doing the same to escape the back of the car. I could see Dean reaching for something out of the corner of my eye, but I wasn't very successful in finding anything. "Oh, son of a bitch." I heard Dean mutter as a loud screech sounded from the path. I gave up and moved to the floorboard, curling up in hopes that I wouldn't be found. "I'm coming back for you Chris I swear," I heard Dean say. He must've escaped then. Dean would come for me, I knew he would. "-never seen him so angry before," I heard someone say, steps drawing closer to the car. "Well, Lee, never been followed by the police before," I heard another say before the car unlocked and someone jumped in the front seat. I couldn't help the small whimper that slipped from my lips as the car started. "Well hello there," I heard the second say, I could hear the grin in his voice. That was all he said before he started driving down the path.