Bloody Mary

It had been about a week since the plane case, Dean refused to tell me what happened though. But my arm was mostly healed, Dean made me wear the sling until he decided it had healed. I was in the back of the car sleeping when I heard Dean yell, "Wake up!" I shot up and looked in the front seat to see Dean pulling his arm away from Sam as he shot awake too. Sam looked around, we were in front of a medical center, "I take it I was having a nightmare?" Sam asked, sounding out of breath. "Yeah, another one," Dean confirmed as he pulled his arm away. "Hey, at least I got some sleep," Sam offered, I rolled my eyes and laid back down, my arm throbbed from sitting up so quickly. "Sooner or later, we're gonna have to talk about this," Dean told him as he scribbled one something in front of him. "Are we here?" Sam asked as he looked around again. Dean looked at Sam, "Yep, welcome to Teledo, Ohio." Dean told him. Sam opened a newspaper and skimmed over the article again, "What do you really think happened to this guy?" Sam asked. "That's what we're gonna find out," Dean told him confidently as he tossed some stuff into the backseat. "Let's go," Dean told Sam as he opened his car door, "Stay down and quiet okay Chris?" I nodded my head and curled back up. I heard Sam open his car door and the two slammed the doors closed before walking into the facility. It didn't take me long to fall back asleep.

I woke up again when I heard Sam and Dean close their doors. I sat up with a complaining noise, "You can get out on the next stop short stack, so you need to stay up anyway." I groaned and sat up, Sam held a bottle of water out to me. I took it and drank about a fourth of it. It didn't take long for Dean to pull up to a house with a lot of cars outside, and the front door was open. I could see a lot of people on the inside, moving around. I held Dean's hand as we walked in, there were a lot of flowers and the scent of food was everywhere. "I feel like we're underdressed," Dean commented as he looked around. I was wearing a purple shirt and jeans with my sling, everyone else was wearing dark colors, including Sam and Dean. Dean lead me down the hall, where he asked an older man where the family was. The man lead us outside and pointed to a few lawn chairs where three teenagers and a little girl were sitting. One of the teenagers was inspecting her nails when she looked up at Sam and Dean. "Hey, you must be Donna, right?" Dean asked as he let go of my hand. She nodded her head, "Yeah," was all she said. Sam sighed, "Uh, we're really sorry." She continued to give us a blank look, "Thank you," was her short answer. "I'm Sam, this is Dean and Chris. We worked with your dad," she looked at the girl beside her before back up at Sam, "You did?" she asked. "Yeah, this whole thing... I mean a stroke," the teenager she'd looked at interupted Dean, "I don't think she wants to talk about this right now," but Donna shook her head, "It's okay, I'm okay." She finally seemed to be showing some interest in the conversation. "Were there ever any symptoms? Dizziness, migraines?" Dean asked, feigning confusion. Donna shook her head, "No," the younger girl seemed like she'd had enough turning around, "That's because it wasn't a stroke," she told Donna. "Lily don't say that," Donna scolded her. "What?" Sam asked the two. "I'm sorry, she's just upset," Donna excused. "No, it happened because of me," Lily protested. "Sweetie, it didn't," Donna assured her, but Lily had gotten our attention. "Lily, why would you say something like that?" Sam asked gently as he crouched down beside her. "Right before he died, I said it," Lily told him. "You said what?" Sam pushed. "Bloody Mary, three times in the bathroom mirror," she told him hesitantly. "She took his eyes, it's what she does," Lily continued. Who was Bloody Mary? I'd never heard of her before. "That's not why Dad died, this isn't your fault," Donna continued to assure her. "I think your sister's right Lily, there's no way it could've been Bloody Mary. Your Dad didn't say it, did he?" Dean asked, Lily looked like she was thinking now. "No, I don't think so," she told Dean. Sam stood back up before Dean excused us, going back inside to investigate where their father had died. They had a lot of mirrors upstairs, I noted as we walked over to the bathroom. It was easily identified by the blood on the floor near the door. "The Bloody Mary legend, Dad ever find any evidence that it was a real thing?" Sam asked Dean. I still had no idea who or what Bloody Mary was. "Not that I know of," Dean told him as he flicked on the light. "I mean, everywhere else, all over the country, kids play Bloody Mary," Sam said as he touched the dried blood on the floor. "And as far as we know, nobody dies from it," Sam finished as he stepped into the bathroom, Dean was looking at the mirror, I was still holding Dean's hand. "Maybe everywhere, it's just a story, but here it's actually real." Dean told him, releasing my hand, "Go take watch," Dean muttered to me, I walked out of the bathroom and sat on the floor against the opposite wall. "The place where the legend began?" Sam asked, Dean shrugged, moving to open the mirror so it faced Sam. "But according to the legend, the person who says-" Sam cut himself off when he saw the mirror, closing it and giving Dean and unamused look before finishing, "The person who says, you know, gets it, but here..." Dean finished, "Shoemaker gets it instead," Sam nodded his head, "Yeah, right." Dean tilted his head towards the mirror, "Never heard anything like that before. Still, the guy did die right in front of the mirror, and the daughter's right. The way the legend goes, 'you know who' scratches your eyes out." I could hear Sam agreeing, "It's worth checking out," one of the teenagers from outside came from around the corner. I tapped on the floor three times, their conversation went silent. Sam and Dean moved to the doorway, where she was leaning against the wall, "What are you doing up here?" she demanded. "We... We had to go to the bathroom," Dean told her, looking at Sam. I facepalmed, really Dean? "Who are you?" she asked, looking suspicious. "Like we said downstairs, we worked with Donna's dad," Dean told her. "He was a day trader, or something. He worked by himself," the girl told him. "No, I know, I meant-" she cut Dean off, "And those weird questions downstairs, what was that?" she demanded. "So, you tell me what's going on, or I start screaming," she knew how to play her cards didn't she? "All right, all right, we think something happened to Donna's dad," Sam caved. I got up off the floor and tugged on Sam's jacket, making him pick me up. "Yeah, a stroke," she told us. "That's not the sign of a typical stroke," Sam told her as he looked at the blood stained floor. She looked down at it, "We think it might be something else," Sam told her. "Like what?" she asked, Dean was staring at Sam. "Honestly, we don't know yet," Sam told her, I pinched Sam's arm. He gave me a look before giving me to Dean. "But we don't want it to happen to anyone else, that's the truth," Sam told her. "So, if you're gonna scream, go right ahead," Dean told her. She looked at the floor again before back up at Sam, "So what are you? Cops?" Sam and Dean looked at each other, "Something like that," Dean told her as he put me back on the floor. "I'll tell you what, here," Sam dug into his pocket and took out a piece of paper and a pen, "If you think of anything, you or your friends notice anything strange, out of the ordinary, give us a call." he told her as he wrote his number on it, handing it to her. She looked confused as Sam handed it to her as he and Dean walked away, I grabbed Dean's hand and followed. Dean grabbed a toothpick that held some food, handing me one and eating another as we walked out of the house and crawled back into the car.