No no no...

"I mean, you only have about a week left here in America and I'm not much use to you."
"That's not true... well the part about how long I have left in America is but not the other part, about you not being much use to me. Having you here is...I couldn't wish for better company."
"Yet last night, you left without a second thought. I just don't think that this is going to work." He gestured between the two of us, and I had to bite my lip not to start screaming at him.

"If that's how you feel... then I will ask John to book you a ticket back home."
"I already did, my flight leaves at two." I looked over at a clock on the wall and then back at Eli, he was leaving in just two hours.

"Wow...okay so you didn't even consider hearing me out. You just booked the ticket, no hesitation."
"Stella, can you honestly say that what we are doing is healthy? In benefit of either one of us? Yes I got divorced partly because I started developing feelings for you, but also because Willa is a really bad person and I have been in a relationship with that toxic human for a very long time, I don't want to get into another relationship that will end in us hating each other just because we rushed things."

I don't think I could ever hate him but what he was saying made sense.

"So I am flying back home to Watford. I will make sure that things ended the way I intented them to with Willa, I will kiss Sophie goodnight and then I will call you. Then when you come back home on the 20th, we will start this whole thing over. No divorce, no guys on motorcycles, ok?"

I nodded and he took my hands across the table,

"Please don't doubt my feelings for you, Stella. Because they are there and right now they are yelling at me that I am fucking this up."
"You're not fucking anything up. And I don't doubt you, or your feelings. I do doubt that you'll make it to check-in if you don't leave right about now though." I said with tears in my eyes and he nodded.

We took our plates to where you put them when you were done with breakfast and then we walked to the lobby, my arm through his.

"Did you already pack?" I asked and he nodded, softly kissing the top of my head as we stopped by the entrance door.

"Yes, and John had everything put in the car." We were now standing facing each other, and I held his hands as he leaned over and kissed my forehead. That's when I let go of his hands, grabbed his hair and pulled his lips down to mine. We kissed. It wasn't one of those kisses that made me feel like taking him up to my room and having my way with him straight away. It was the sort of kiss that said "thank you, I'll see you soon, have a safe trip."

We both pulled away and I took a deep breath before opening my eyes and looking at him,

he was smiling,

"I'll see you in a couple days." He said and I let go of him,

"A couple of days..." I repeted back to him as I watched him walk out of the hotel and jump into a car.

I went back upstairs to my room where Keli was waiting,

"Hey, how did it go? Are the two of you finally getting it on?"
"He's going back to Watford."
"Already?" She asked and I nodded,

"Well...he's no Gale Harold." She said and I knew she was just trying to make me feel better, but I didn't need that right now.

"Well I'm not in love with Gale Harold now, am I?"

Keli looked from the bed she was sitting over at me where I was leaning my head against a wall,

"You're in love with Eli?"