Chapter 14 - The Confrontation

Ash's POV

Tournament Day 1...

Finally, the day we're waiting for, the day the we will show how Alola is different from the other regions. Everyone was now getting ready, Lillie was brushing her Pokemons, which is kind of, uhh, weird, but she said that brushing them can make them confident, especially Snowy, sooo...

Everyone were now heading to the battle arena, trainers are also entering the arena, which is so many, I'm surprised that this tournament had these many people, probably 100,000 people watching, or if possible, more.

We are now at the center of the battlefield, every trainers participating the tournament are going to meet their opponents there, a wide screen was displayed at the side, so that we can know our opponents. Then, a short man showed up, and announced something, probably it's Mr. Goodshow.

Mr. Goodshow : Trainers! Thank you for participating the tournament! I'm very happy that we have so many participants today, but, only one of you can be announced as Champion, so, do your best, and may the Alpha Pokemon be with you.

Even them don't know the name of this Alpha Pokemon, I sighed and then looked at the list on the screen, Lillie and the others was beside me, doing what I was doing, the cards, containing put pictures, we're now shuffled, after done shuffling, my eyes widened in shock and surprise. It's a familiar face at the school before!

Me : No way...

Lillie : Who's your opponent Ash?

Me : I-Its May...

Kiawe : Who is she?

Me : One of my...'friends'

Mallow : Whoever it is, I'm sure you'll do great!

Me : Thanks Mallow, I appreciate it.

After the shuffling, Mr. Goodshow then announced the rules of the tournament.

Mr. Goodshow : So, were done with the match ups, let me announce the rules of this tournament, but first, let's greet our champions on Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos...Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Alder and Diantha!

The crowd burst out cheering and yelling their names, so the champions are here to watch the tournament too, I wonder why are they needed.

Mr. Goodshow : They are here to watch the exciting tournaments until the end of it, if the Champion of this tournament is finally decided, then, he or she will have the honor of battling one of them!

The around us were shocked at the announcement, then I can feel the excitement on them, and the gang too, Kiawe was now on fire, fire background, fiery eyes, it feels like Groudon just used it's magma blades coming out from the ground,(If you know, please tell me, I forgot the name of the move, I'm sure it starts with P) or the Wela Volcano just erupted seeing him this excited.

Mr. Goodshow : Now for the rules, starting matches can only have 1 vs. 1 battles, there are 384 trainers in all, if these 192 trainers won their battles, then they can access to the 2 vs. 2 battles, the remaining 96 trainers can gain access of the 3 vs. 3 battles, if 48 of them won their matches, then they are now at the semi-finals, which is a 6 vs. 6 battles, so does the finals, then these 24 is still at the semi-finals, then 12 of the trainers who won will still, at the semi-finals, but these final 6, will be at the finals, then these 3 will have to battle themselves, so a triangle battle will be held, also in a special battlefield, which is of course, be shown at the finals.(For Arceus' sake, I did math, I got a headache😭😭)

Never heard of a triangle battle before, but that kinda sounds fun, I hope the others can get into the semi-finals, well, the final semi-finals, and I do hope I'll be in the finals too. But wow, 384 trainers!(About the calculations, please do tell me about it, I really suck at math...)That many! I'm now wondering how they will operate this.