Chapter Sixteen

That night, I cried for gladion. He was in a place that did things to pain people. I felt his hurt as he told the story of how Null was treated. "His mother must have done the same thing to him." I Felt Zorua and Popplio comfort me that night as I fell asleep.

   In the morning, I had changed into similar outfit as to what I had been wearing the prior day. "Now for my hair."

   I carefully brushed my hair and tied the sides of my hair into a waterfall braid, keeping the hair out of my face.

  Keeping it tied in the back, I placed a small star hair piece to add a little something to my look.

   After I was finished, I tied two small ribbons onto Popplio's ears to replace the one I had put on her tail.

   "There! How's that?" I picked up popplio and Zorua in my arms and held them in front of the mirror. Their voices echoed through the room, making me smile as they hopped out of my arms and twirled around in rhythmic movements.

   We went outside and enjoyed the calming breeze. Watching as other trainers fought each other and caught new pokemon. Smiling at each of my own pokemon, we stroud up to Iki town.

   Watching as trainers battled Kahuna Hala for the island challenge, heard a sound come from the top of the mountain.

   Walking up, I saw the broken bridge that lead to Tapu Koko's temple. Sitting down on the edge of of the cliff, I stared at the temple in front of me, remembering when I had first gone up and saw Lillie and Nebby.

   Relaxing my tense muscles, I lied down, letting the short grass tickle my neck and prick arms. Tears escaped from my closed eyes.

   With my mouth closed in a smile, I heard the same noise from before. Sitting up, I stared at the temple, a light gleaming from near it.

   Squinting my eyes, I stood up and back away. The gleaming light seemed to move. Side to side. Side to side.

   Then, nothing. It was just still.

   Snapping out of my trance, I looked back to see Zorua and Popplio play-fighting. Smiling down at them, I petted both of their heads and started down the trail.

   As the wooden platform came into sight, I heard Hala calling out something. When I was in hearing rang, I saw the Melemele guardian pokemon, Tapu Koko, hovering next to him.

   "Hahahaha! Looks like Tapu Koko was right about you, young Moon." He laughed full-heartily as I came to a complete stop. "Come now, trial goer. Tapu Koko awaits your thrilling battle!"

   Still in shock, I just stared at the kahuna and guardian pokemon waiting on the wooden platform. Before I was even comprehending what was going on, my legs brought me to the base of the platform, right in front of Tapu Koko.

   Smiling at the pokemon sweetly, I let his loud call encourage me to hop right up onto the platform and face the proud kahuna grinning happily.

   "Are you ready, young Moon." He said in more of a statement than question, already knowing my answer.

   Stepping back to the edge of the platform, I called up Popplio and got ready for the battle that faced me.

   At the end of the exhausting grand trial, I had been presented with the fightinium Z and a very eager to run around Tauros.

   Thanking Hala and saying night to him and the residents if Iki town, I headed back down the small mountain and back home to rest myself, Popplio and Zorua up.

   The next day, I would officially go to Akala island for the next part of my trail.

   As I awoke the next morning to the scent of cooking and touch of two pokemon, I picked up my head and hurriedly packed my bag with money, extra clothes and items that would prove useful in self healing my two pokemon upon our journey.

   And, of course, taking Rotom with me this time round. "Zzt-- that woman was zzzupper zcary. I wazz really quiet though, zzt." It said to me when finally coming out of my drawer.

   "Why have you been hiding in there this whole time, Rotom?"

   "Zzt-- Even I need my beauty rest, Zzt--" was all it said before we felt for the boat to Akala island.

   By the time I had made it to Akala island, it was mid afternoon and bustling with people. Grinning, I happily enjoyed walking through the streets of Heahea city without worrying as much as the time before.

   As I strood through the streets of Heahea city, I saw Lillie and Professor talking with Sun outside of some sort of building. Deciding to be a good sister, I left them alone and walked back through the city and to Brooklet Hill. As I walked across the wooden planked bridge my body stopped in front of an archway much like the one for Ilima's trial.

Sorry for not posting even though I had said I would. I really did mean to post this chapter, but ended up not being quite so happy with how short it is for me.
Today I just ended up posting what I already had as I had had enough with postponing this chapter and wanted to still get it out to you all so I could stop stressing over it as much.
Hopefully I'll get the next chapter out sooner than this.