Chapter 5

Jiya.

The next few days were pretty uneventful, although in these few days Arsal and I had decided that we were going to start a new

We would be like strangers meeting for the first time. No, pressure from the Nikkah or to act like we are a couple. We would get to know the people that we had become in the past 2 years, which was most definitely a relief for me and I could see it on Arsal's face that it was for him as well.

.

"Jiya, you need to go shopping for the dresses you're going to wear on the wedding." Mama told me as she stood hovering above my bed in Naina's room.

"Mama...!" I was whining like a little child and stretching all of my words. "You know I don't like shopping."

"Jiya! This is not useless shopping." She had started scolding me now. "You cannot attend the wedding in one your ripped jeans, t-shirts and joggers." She pointed at my clothes and glared at me.

I could see Kiran and Naina trying to not burst out laughing in front of Mama. I glared at them and that made Mama turn towards them.

She pointed at them. I could just smell it she was cooking something in her head.

"You two!" Both of them had become suddenly alert and were sitting straight in their beds now. "Why don't the two of you take her shopping?"

Naina raised her eye brows at Mama and Kiran seemed to have a smiling growing on hers.

"You're right Aunty! We'll take her." Kiran told Mama enthusiastically as Naina and I looked at her like she had grown horns on her head.

"That's great. I'll go and ask if one of the boys can take you guys." Mama said that and walked out, happily I'm assuming.

"What did you do?" I hissed at Kiran and she just shrugged.

"Well... She wasn't gonna let you come to the wedding in those clothes." She told me pointing at my clothes just like Mama had. "And anyways you will have to shop sooner or later. So its better you do it now so that we can get those clothes altered if needed." She was correct but that didn't mean that I had to like it.

"She's right." Naina gave me a 'you're stuck' kind of look and then stood up from the bed. "Now, c'mon guys. Let's get ready."

After 15 minutes all three of us were ready with your bags on our shoulders and our mobiles in hand. We walked downstairs and saw Shams Bhai, Arsal, Daniyal and Rohail all sitting in the living room looking like they were going somewhere.

"Are you guys going somewhere?" Kiran was the first to speak and that made the guys look up.

Arsal was looking at me and Shams Bhai was totally making googly eyes at Naina.

"Yeah, we're going with you guys?" Rohail spoke on behalf of all the boys.

"Why?" Was my question since I didn't think boys liked to go shopping specially wedding shopping.