I was surprised to see that it wasn’t dark and dreary, and that there were no chains or dead rats in the corner, unless they were downstairs in the dungeon. There was a couch and a few armchairs with a coffee table in the centre and a TV. An overused, blackened fireplace stood over to the left wall and on the right was staircases leading to the upstairs. A doorway at the back of the room, I thought must lead to the kitchen.

The room was a range of greens and reds that actually complemented each other, fitting with the arrays of wood features characteristic of a cabin, and giving the whole of it a very organic feel.

At least the hellhole looks good.

I felt Eric’s presence heat up my back as he got closer.

‘You can add your own feminine touches in due time,’ he said softly in my ear. Is the idiot actually insinuating that I will take up interior design during my internment?

‘It’s fine,’ I shrugged.

The door closed behind me and locked, the sound sending me into a crazed panic, as memories of the night at the motel came flooding back. I backed up against the wall, my wide eyes following Eric’s every movement like a hawk. His expression looked hurt.

‘I would never hurt you Amalia. I know it seems like that now. It may even be easier for you to think of me as a monster, but I’m not the kind of monster that you believe I am,’ he said gravely, drawing closer and reaching out to touch me.

‘Don’t touch me,’ I seethed. Eric smirked but dropped his hand anyway.

‘That’s okay, I can smell it off you already. It won’t be long before you are begging me to touch you. I’ve never had any intentions of forcing myself on you Amalia, I am simply not like that, plus the knowing that you will soon be demanding me to plunge deep inside of you helps me sleep soundly at night.’

I snorted.

‘Please Eric, I will never beg.’

‘You will,' he said sternly, sounding very sure of himself. I internally snorted at the idea of me begging to sleep with him. He obviously lives in a world where all girls fall over the feet for him. That's what Susanna and the others said about Eric, If I can remember correctly. Girls were begging to be with him but he refused, instead deciding to kidnap me.

How in God's name, does that make him honourable?

He should have just gone with one of the desperates, at least he would have a constant supply of ego massage.

Suddenly, the door at the back swung open, revealing a tanned, blonde man. He observed Eric and I closely, before grinning like a maniac.

'Pat, I told you. I told you he was here. You need to learn how to imprint people's scent on your brain properly, damn rookie.' The blonde man strided towards us, as Eric stepped forward. Both of them, shoke each other's hand, smiling.

'Welcome back man and well done,' the blonde said, nodding towards me. A genuine smile erupted on Eric's face at Blonde's comment.

'Can I touch her?' The blonde said.

I coughed and spluttered in shock, which went entirely unnoticed, or they decided to ignore it. Eric seemed to be having an internal battle on his decision. Please say no, you bastard, please say no, I screamed in my head. It's another thing that I'm his for forever, but to become the Blonde's toy too? What next? How many live here? They mentioned a bring group who lived here? They were all males, weren't they? OH MY F****** GOD!!!!

The terror spread down my spine and to my finger tips and toes, as Eric appeared to wrack his brain, before curtly nodding at Blonde. The Blonde grinned and turned towards me. I shrank back, feeling a sob threaten to pour out my chest. The Blonde frowned and looked towards Eric, who sent a worried look, which Blonde replied with a nod, before turning back to me.

'You must be Amalia. That's a real pretty name, My names Reynard. I'm a wolf, as you probably guessed and I live here permanently so you and I will be getting very acquainted.'

The sob escaped. Acquainted? I don't want to be acquainted. For some stupid reason I looked to Eric for help, of all people, who with lightning speed had already pressed himself against my side and wrapped his arm around my waist.

'Explain acquainted, Reynard.' He ordered.

'Acquainted. It means to become friends, get to know each other, maybe watch action movies, because I hate horror films. Not because I'm a scaredy cat, I mean look at me, I'm a wolf. Horror is just, hmmm, tacky.' He flung his hand down in a disgusted manner. I felt the panic slowly release, but I wasn't entirely convinced.

'You should meet Pat. His name is actually Patrick, and he hates Pat, so call him Pat.' He grinned mischeviously and bounded towards the kitchen, screaming 'Pat'.

Eric tilted my chin up to look at me, looking displeased.

'When will you realise that I and nobody else has any intent to harm you.'

I felt my lip tremble as I replied back.

'Because I'm being held captive by strangers.'

'We won't be strangers soon. Soon, you will get to know all of us. You will know that no one here will hurt you and even if they tried, I would rip them apart before they even harmed a hair on your head.' He said, dangerously, while at the same time, lovingly pushing my hair behind my ears. Bipolar much?

And it isn't like it was going to matter whether or not I would get to know them, because I was planning on escaping this hellhole.

Only this time, I would succeed.