Chapter 22: Fix It Up

Super duper ultra mega sorry bc I was lately inactive. But for now, here's a chapter!

= = = = =

Chapter 22: Fix it up

<Nikki POV >

Ever since the incident when I was drunk,  I was in deep thoughts.  I tried organising every event in my life. Why everything is happening to me. I thought of that while my laptop played this korean movie called 'Miracle in Cell no. 7'.

My thoughts were interrupted when the climax came in,  where this guy got a death sentence and his daughter wasn't aware of it. And so, I bursted in tears.

Gosh this is good. I never cried this hard in reading The Fault in Our Stars...

I kept weeping while watching the movie and by the time the credits rolled in I was a sobbing mess,  crouching over the couch.

"Told you that movie was emotional...  I cried too when I first watched. " Claire hands me a box of tissues and I wipe my tears.

" How about we watch something funny now,  Claire? " I ask her and she slaps my arm.

" It's CJ...  Yeah,  here,  let's watch Sunny. " She sighed, clicking another video.

" CJ? Why do you think my life is messed up and confusing? Everything,  from Harry to Brian and Rosette.  I can't seem to comprehend anything. "

"First of all,  how can you comprehend what is happening if you think about them all at once? Think about them one at a time,  let's say,  from the start. Why did Brian had to do this to you? " she suggested.

She has a point though,  my mind has been a haywire when I thought about all of it.  Like all the mini Nikki's in my head are panicking during an earthquake.

First off,  why did Brian had to date and play with a school nerd back then? Everyone knows I'm not famous. Not until he asked me out... Well apart from being a top student,  I wasn't famous.

He asked me out on a date during spring break when we were sophomores and I had to say,  that was a really romantic date.

~

"But I'm scared of heights! " I exclaim,  as Brian continues to drag me to a ferris wheel. And a really tall one.

"Come on, it will be fun!" he convinces.

"Fine, but remember, I hyperventilate when I'm really scared. " I reply as I let him drag me to the ride.

We rode the ferris wheel. My eyes were closed as the ride rose higher and higher.

"Nikki! How will you enjoy the ride if you just close your eyes?  Open them!"  He takes my hands that are covering my eyes and I blush,  looking at how close are we.

"See,  it's not so bad,  isn't it?"  He says and I take in the view.  The whole carnival can be seen at the very top of the Ferris wheel, and the trees and buildings, and my eyes land on his face,  inches to mine,  and my lips came contact to his. There was a tiny spark but that was good enough for me. I was desperately infatuated.

"See,  you weren't scared at all. " He cheekily smiled.

"Brian,  why do you like me? I'm not famous or anything, and I'm just a nerd and you're a jock. " I ask him shyly.

"Why do I like you?" He looks at me with a big smile. " It's because you're not like the others. You're unique. You're pretty. And I like everything about you; your eyes,  your laugh, the way you dress, your smile, everything."