Chapter 7: The Paps And An Old Friend

<Nikki POV >

" Nicole, you might wanna check out the news. " She answers.

I take the remote from the coffee table and quickly turned on the telly.

Shit.  Is this real?

A picture of me and Harry from yesterday was shown at the screen, where he was technically carrying me - bridal style-  at the Hyde Park.

" This just in!  A seemingly romantic picture was swarming the Internet since yesterday, it shows Harry Styles from One Direction, carrying a mysterious girl -bridal style - yesterday at Hyde Park . Aww aren't they cute? The girl is now recognised as Nicolet Collins, the same girl with Harry at the club last month . Nobody knows yet if they are dating or not. Either way, Directioners are still in an uproar about the recent picture. Let's see what Directioners have to say about the issue. "

" @Larryislife: Eww no,  she should back off from harry!  #larry5eva"

"@taylorrockz: I so prefer Taylor than that bitch.  "

" @sweetystyles: they're cute!  As long as hazza's happy,  I am happy :)"

" @horantheworld: i don't know what's happening,  are they dating or not?! "

I turn off the telly feeling distressed.

" Nicolet Jenice Collins,  are you okay? " Bridget asks concerned. I almost forgot we were skyping.

" Yeah,  I'm fine. " I forced a smile.  But with all the hate,  I feel like bursting into tears.

" You can go back to New York if you want to. " She offered.

" And go back being miserable with Brian? Hell no,  i prefer it this way. I just...  If they want Harry to be happy,  why are they stopping him from everything? "I sobbed, looking away from the screen.

" Nikki. " She stated my old nickname. " Well, before this mess,  you are also a fan,  right? "

I nodded.

She sighed before answering. "And us, fans, we want the best for the lads. You know that. You also disapproved Haylor, cos' we don't see in her what made Harry happy. But in you, I can see that you can make him happier than anything, the fans just don't see it yet.  They'll soon realise that they thought wrong about you. "

I smiled,  for real this time. That was the best advice from Bridget yet.

"Thanks "

" Stay strong, will you? " She said.

" I'll try. " I smiled. " I need to go, Bridge...  I gotta talk to the boys about it. "

" Bye! " She greets one last time.

I end the call and fixed myself. Then I went out and straight to the stairs but someone stopped me.

Shit. I hate the paparazzi..

<Cristell POV >

" Desiree, what floor are you?  I think I'm lost. " I rubbed the back of my neck in distress.

" Cris,  my flat is seven-oh-five...  Clearly, I'm on the seventh floor, you dumbass. " Desiree Mitchell, my friend states in a duh tone.

Yup, she's my sassy friend. Kinda reminded me of Lou.

Anyway, I'm Cristell Smith, I was a actress, well before my mortal enemy destroyed my career,  fooling people that I spiked my ex co-star's water and almost killing her. So now, I'm technically a nobody, but I was a somebody. And now, almost every one hates me.  Wait till I get my hands on the arsehole.