Mom

I woke up and look next to me. Laila was still asleep in the same position as we were cuddling last night. I glance at my phone and check the time. 8:13am. Oh shoot! My mom will be back from her business trip in about 10 minutes! I look at Laila's head resting on top of my chest. She looks so peaceful and cute.
I raise my arm and place it on Laila's thigh. I carefully shake her awake and she looks at me groggy eyed.
"What time is it?" she grumbles with a husky morning voice.
"It's quarter past eight, my mom will be home soon."
"Does she even know that I'm here?"
"Yeah, I texted her last night. But she doesn't know about the whole gay situation, so as much as I love this, we're gonna have to stop cuddling."
Laila sticks her bottom lip out at me and gives me puppy dog eyes. I really can't resist her.
"Okay. Five more minutes."

After the five minutes we both started to clean up the mess we made last night (the snacks, what did you think I meant?) I had gone to the bin in the kitchen when I heard a loud crash and Laila shouting.
"F*ck!"
I run into the room to see that she had dropped the bowl of popcorn that we didn't get to finish the night before.
"I'm such a clutz!"
I thought it was funny seeing her in a fluster and I started laughing 'til my stomach started to ache. Laila glared at me with evil eyes that were supposed to be intimidating but just made me laugh even more. She smiled and started laughing along with me until we could no longer breathe properly. Once we had got our composure together, we started cleaning up all of the popcorn that was scattered across the floor.

We had finished cleaning up and it was 8:24am.
"Hey Lynn, is it okay if I can use your shower?"
"Yeah totally! I'll grab you a towel and you can borrow some of my clothes."
"That would be great, thank you."
"No problem babe"
This was the first time I called her a cute nickname. She looked up at me and flashed a quick smile.
"I like that"
"Me calling you babe?"
"Mhmm"
"Well I like calling you babe!"
I guide her up to the bathroom and hand her a towel.
"I'll just be in my room finding some clothes for you. I'll leave them outside the door but if you need anything else just shout me"
"Okay"
She planted a kiss on my lips and went into the bathroom.

Alright. Now which one of my outfits would look the best on Laila? Ooh! I know! I rummage through my drawers and find a black tank top, black ripped skinny jeans and a red flannel. She will totally look cute in this.
I leave the pile of clothes outside the bathroom door and I head downstairs. As I got to the bottom I heard the key in the door. Mom was home.
"Hi mom, how was your business trip?"
"It was okay, but I'm glad that I'm home. I'm so tired! Hey, where's your friend?"
"She's just getting a shower. I've let her borrow some of my clothes, is that okay?"
"Yeah totally"
She then lowered her voice slightly just so that Laila couldn't hear
"Is she okay? What happened?"
"Her now ex boyfriend cheated on her, but she's okay now- it's all good."
After having a little catch up with my mom, Laila came down the stairs. Wow, she looked hot! The outfit hugged all of her curves in the right places, Laila is bustier than me so the tank top was a little tight on her but I wasn't complaining. I couldn't help but stare at her. She noticed I was staring so she cleared her throat so that I would snap out of it.
"Hi Miss Gunnulfsen, I'm Laila."
"Please call me Shiela. Nice to meet you Laila."

We all sat and talked and Laila and my mom were getting along very well. It's almost as if my mom thinks Laila is her daughter and not me! In the middle of chatting Laila stopped herself and looked down at her hand.
"Oh shoot! I must have lost my bracelet in your bathroom. Lynn will you help me find it please?"
I'm so confused. Laila doesn't like wearing jewellery- she doesn't even own a bracelet. I just went along with it.
"Uh... sure."
I proceeded to follow Laila up the stairs. What was she doing?

We enter the bathroom and Laila locks the door behind us.
"I think you should tell her."
I raise my eyebrow and give a look of confusion.
"Tell her what?"
"That we're together, that you're gay!"
"Laila! Lower your voice. Listen, I don't think she's gonna take it well. You don't understand."
"You know I had to come out too once? I do understand. It is scary at first but trust me- she'll be accepting."
A tear leaves the corner of my eye when I think about what happened to my brother.
"Laila I don't think you do understand. You know my brother that I've told you about? I haven't seen him in three years. He's also gay and when he came out to my mom, she didn't wanna hear any of it. She kicked him out and told him to never come back. What if she does the same to me?"
At this point I am completely balling my eyes out. Laila wipes away my tears with the pads of her thumbs and hugs me.
"I'm sorry Lynn, I had no idea. But you know what? I still think you should tell her. Even if she does lash out you can come stay at mine, and at least you won't have all of your emotions bottled up anymore."
Laila does have a point. I let go of the hug and raise my head to face Laila.
"I think you're right Laila. It'll have to happen at one point. Okay- I'm ready."
"You sure? You really don't have to."
I assure her.
"I'm sure."
"Okay then. Let's go downstairs and we both tell her."
I nod and we hold hands heading towards the stairs. I can't believe I'm about to tell my mom that I'm gay. Let's see how this goes.