Meant To Be

By the time Laila and I got back to my house she had calmed down a little bit. I tried to distract her but you could tell she was lost in thought. It broke my heart seeing her in such a state.
I put the movie on, got some snacks, and we both sat on the couch, with our sides slightly touching. Throughout the movie I would glance at Laila and see her giggle at the film. You could tell she was feeling much better.
I noticed that we were running out of popcorn.
"Hey, I'm just gonna get some more popcorn, okay?"
"Okay."
When I came back to the living room I saw Laila balling her eyes out during the final performance. My instant response was to hug and comfort her.
"Laila it's okay, let it all out."
"You know what Lyndsey, now that I look back at the relationship I can see how bad we were for each other. We hardly had anything in common. I wasn't supposed to be with him in the first place!"
"I'm sure you were supposed to be with him, he might be a jerk now but you fell in love with him for a reason."
"I know for a fact he wasn't for me."
She let go of the hug and we made eye contact. Her bright aqua eyes widened and before I knew it she partly closed them, gripped my upper arms and began to kiss me.
Was this really happening?
I backed away from her in shock and stared at her.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that..."
I reassured her
"It's okay."
I grabbed her jaw and started to kiss her back, mimicking the kissing scene that was currently playing on the film. Our mouths moved together in sync and it felt right, like we were meant to be together. We both broke the kiss and I planted a soft peck on her cheek.
"Did I ever tell you I was bi?"
"Did I ever tell you I was gay?"
We both chuckled and I let her cuddle into my side so that her head was resting on my chest.
"I wasn't meant to be with him. I was always meant to be with you."