Cryptotrappers- Double Dragon

Start from the beginning

My scream continued on for a few seconds as I fell back against the wall, staring up at the monumental, fourteen headed shadow looming over us. The colour of old pottery, it seemed to shift menacingly in the dim light. It was only when I realised that I was still alive that I finally figured out that this Hydra has been dead for a long time. The rest of the team gathered, armed and ready for combat, as I stood awkwardly in front of the skeletal remains. But as I did so, looking across the huge, weathered ribs of the creature that Seth seemed to be investigating, an idea began to form in my head.
"Hey team, listen up!" I shouted, the group gathering around me as I climbed onto one of the Hydra's legs, still holding sturdy even after death. "I think I've figured out a way to transport at least one of these things."
As I slapped one of the skeleton's ribs, expressions from the team ranged from dubiousness to uncertainty.
"We'd still need a plan for the other one, and we'd probably need someone to go back to the Lab with this one." I continued, my eyes focused on Randy who nodded in agreement. "But if this works, it should make our job a little easier."
"How are you suggesting we secure it so the Hydra doesn't just, you know, go out the other side?" Lucy asked, as I looked quickly across the skeleton for answers.
"We can secure any dangerous gaps with the rest of the skeleton." I replied, no longer wholly confident in my own plan. The necks, the tails, that sort of thing. I know it's not a perfect plan... there's still risk of it firing acid at us from in there. But it's the best I can think of right now."
As more doubts began to cross my mind, Sid approached one of the necks and pulled at it; cream-coloured dust flaking from the bone as it moved with his hand.
"I can work with this. Hand me the rope."
Tossing the coil at his shoulder, I dismounted the remains and approached the entrance to the cavern, turning back to the rest of the group as Seth perched on my shoulder
"How long do you need?"
"I'd say give us ten minutes, minimum." Sid answered, more confident than I was. "We'll have your cage ready."
"Perfect." I replied. And then, leaving them behind, I delved back into the cave in search of one of the Hydras.

Traversing through dark passages in search of either of the terrors, my mind instinctively traveled as I walked back to the other encounters with dragons that I'd had. The Knucker was pretty bad, but the Wyvern was downright horrific. And even in comparison to them, the Leviathan was truly monstrous. Even so, it was far from the worst part of being at the Gallows; though my opinion on that matter may have shifted if I'd had to combat it directly instead of letting their forces deal with it. I was then snapped from my thoughts pretty quickly by Seth's talons digging into my shoulder, his shining eyes focused on the dark ahead as I illuminated a thick grey hide, riddled with fang marks. As soon as I recognised what I was seeing, I turned and ran back the way I came as the ground sizzled behind me. Darting around as many turns as I could without getting lost, as Seth did all he could to distract the Hydra further without getting injured, my heart soared upon seeing the glint of light in the distance from the cage's worksite. Shouting out a warning, I continued to run as fast as I was able, the Hydra barrelling closely behind me as I finally burst into the chamber and into the cage. Tunnel-visioned, the grey Hydra continued its pursuit, raising up to crush me as I dived to the side, between the ribs, and the rest of the team roped the entrance shut.

"It's almost definitely going to figure that rope out soon, so we need to move." Sid ordered, shielding himself with his pack as the Hydra flailed and slammed, sending acid flying around the cave. Bile flicked from the thrashing of its tail, scorching my arm slightly as I gritted my teeth in pain. As it charged up another viscous shot at one of us from one of several snapping mouths, Lucy was the one to leap into action and throw part of the crumbled cave wall inside, which seemed to stop the attack in its track.
"Keep hitting it!" Lucy ordered, grabbing more of the stone and throwing it towards the Hydra. I wasn't expecting it to do much through the creature's thick hide, but to my surprise not only did it seem like it was stopping the acid upon shattering on the scales, but the powdered stone was sticking like a slurry to them. Following her lead, I stabbed at the walls with my rifle, denting and scuffing the barrel but chipping off enough of the rock for me to throw it at the creature's back, creating another safe patch of silvery muck that refused to sizzle away. Randy quickly joined in, shortly followed by Sid, as we doused the creature in the grey until it tired, borderline harmless as it hissed in the cage.