Later they all found out that Klaus was in Alaric's body, after he tried to kill Bonnie at a school dance. He assumed the witch as dead, but the Bennett survived and hid in the witch house.

Damon sighed after turning off the TV. He just wanted to sleep after the many things that happened. However Elena came into his room. The Salvatore sighed. "Listen, Klaus had to think she was dead. Your reaction had to be real", he explained, talking about what happened at the dance. "I understand why you did what you did. Klaus was fooled and Bonnie's alive", the doppelganger admitted. "Here's to duplicity", the raven haired replied and looked at the glass in his hand. Slowly the brunette walked closer. "But let's get one thing straight, Damon. Bonnie will not die for me, I will not let that happen."

The two shared a look, which made the Gilbert realise, how much sadness the vampire actually hid. "We need to kill Klaus, Elena. Real Klaus, who will probably be coming to pay you a visit soon now that he knows that Bonnie's dead. She's the only one who can do it", he answered while shrugging his shoulders. "We'll find another way", the Petrova stated. "I hope so." Damon thought about other options, but they always brought him back to Jarla, his best friend that he lost by his actions.

"Look, I shouldn't have hit you", Elena apologised, after all she hit the raven haired pretty hard because she was convinced he let Bonnie die. "Apology accepted", the Salvatore replied with a small grin, which leaded the brunette to smile. "Let me be clear about something. If it comes down to you and the witch again, I'll gladly let Bonnie die. I'll always choose you", the vampire informed, staring directly into the doppelganger's eyes, who looked quickly alway. She sighed. "Good Night, Damon."

"Good Night", Damon answered smiling, then Elena left the room and went into the basement, making sure no one noticed. Without thinking, she pulled out the dagger of Elijah's chest.

Jarla sat in a small café and drank a hot chocolate

Jarla sat in a small café and drank a hot chocolate. She was probably the only one who wasn't bothered by the cold, after all it was always a part of her. Her eyes focused on the door as it opened, letting the icy air in. It was Alaric Saltzman who stepped through the door, which leaded the witch to raise an eyebrow.  Without hesitating the man sat down next to the Sawyer, who watched him waiting. She didn't speak to him and his friends in a while. "You're not helping us kill Klaus, huh?", he asked directly, which made the girl roll her eyes. Of course it was the only thing she was useful for. She didn't reply to his question, only to earn a dark smirk from the man next to her. Something seemed different about him. He brought a dark aura with him.

"You coloured your hair", he noticed, pointing at her long, now black hair. It matched her bright eyes perfectly. "I always liked the silver better. Remember in 2001, when you changed it into pink? It was gross", the man laughed amused. Now the black haired was really surprised. It took her a few seconds to recognise the man next to her. "Nik", she pointed out, a smile crossed her pink lips. The man smirked. "Missed me?" Playfully the witch bumped her elbow into his side. "Sure."

Niklaus rubbed his arms, looking out of the windows to see the thick snow. "It's at least thirty degrees to cold for Mystic Falls don't you think? So I assume they took the man you care the most about." The Mikaelson kept his wide grin, so the Sawyer sighed. "Shouldn't that be good for you?", the girl asked and took a sip of her hot chocolate. She wasn't in the mood to talk about Elijah, which wasn't hard to notice since there was a Nordic winter in Mystic Falls.

"I'm not complaining. Literally, my brother is a buzz kill." The man let out a small chuckle. "Then I can't figure out a reason why you're here", his friend replied with a glare. "Aren't I allowed to visit my oldest friend?", Klaus asked with a smirk, which leaded the witch to smile a little. Playfully she rolled her eyes but it didn't stop her from thinking about her loss. "Lately my friends stabbed a dagger trough my back by stabbing Elijah a dagger trough his back. Isn't that ironic?", she answered with a sarcastic smile. "I'm sure that hurt. But it gave you the chance to answer the question I've been asking myself the last, uh, months."

Jarla put her hand on the Mikaelson's shoulder, sending him a bitter smile. "There you go. I'm not helping them to kill you. But it was nice to see you again." The black haired but some money to the table before she stood up with a last wave to Klaus, then she left the café.

She groaned annoyed when her phone rang, only to show Elena's caller ID. "What?", the witch snapped after accepting the call. "I undaggered him. Meet us at the Lockwood Mansion."

 Elena and Elijah immediately looked up as the front doors flew open and a raven haired girl stormed in

Elena and Elijah immediately looked up as the front doors flew open and a raven haired girl stormed in. "Elijah?", they heard her whisper as she stopped in front of them, her gaze on the original who sent her a worried but happy look. "Jarla", he muttered and sped towards her, to pull her into a tight hug. For the two it seemed like forever as they stood there, being as close as possible together. The vampire placed small kisses on the girl's hairline, fascinated by her as on every other day.

The doppelganger really wanted to watch them, and be happy for them, but she was distracted by looking outside the windows, where the weather changed slowly. The dark clouds disappeared and after weeks of coldness, the sun was to be seen. Within seconds it started to get warmer, snow and hail stopped. Fascinated the Gilbert opened her mouth.

Finally the two supernatural beings let go of each other and looked at the brunette, who cleared her throat and focused on her mission. "I didn't know you were able to create this... things", she mumbled to the Sawyer, who raised an eyebrow. She sent another smile to Elijah and took his hand to intertwine their fingers. The original smiled happily at the smaller one, then he drove with his free hand through her dark hair. "It suits you", he complimented, then the two walked over to Elena to come back to the actual subject.

"I don't understand. You said that you want Klaus dead but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him", the brunette started. Jarla assumed that they were talking about Katerina before she arrived. Finally she let go of Elijah's hand to sit down on the couch. "I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay. There was a time I'd have done anything for Klaus."

The witch smirked satisfied as she saw Elena's reaction after the original informed her about the old times. "Yes. Klaus is my brother", he admitted with an amused expression. "I heard that. I'm still processing", the Petrova replied surprised, earning a chuckle from the Sawyer. "Yes, I'm little behind on the times but I believe the term you're searching for is OMG."