xl. ━━ the grande final

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
FORTY ━━ the grande final

I studied a life of plastic facades time and time again I saw the same thing; tragedy

time and time again I saw the
same thing; tragedy

unknown

     ERIN NERVOUSLY FIDDLED WITH THE HEM OF HER loose shirt as she stood in the cold night air. Crickets were chirping, filling the silence as the brunette stared at the white roses on the ground. She waited anxiously for Finnick to appear from behind the rocks. After the events from earlier, where Erin had bluntly spoken her mind and where Katniss was traumatised by yet another sick game of Snow there had been tension in the air. The Girl On Fire had taken to hiding away for the time being, to calm her rattled nerves most likely. The brunette didn't know where she went, but she suspected that Haymitch did as the former district twelve victor disappeared not soon after.

    But Coin still wanted a clip for the Capitol, and this time Finnick was her lucky pick. Erin had told him he didn't need to do anything, he wasn't obliged to listen to her evey command. But the blonde had assured her he could handle it.

     Erin glanced up when she heard footsteps approaching and she saw Finnick appear behind her, a new brown coat and his hair styled perfectly. She gave him an encouraging smile when he stopped beside her and she reached for his hand.

    They enjoyed the moment of tranquility before their peace was quickly interrupted by Cressida who called him forward.

     "Okay, Finnick?" Cressida looked at the man and he gave her a weak smile, trying to ignore the putrid smell the roses disembogued. 

      "Yeah," he nodded, letting go of Erin's hand to walk towards the center.

     "Go in the center there. Those rocks. Castor, to left. Pollux, you're with me. So we'll go straight to camera. Okay? Finnick?" Cressida directed before looking back at Finnick who seemed stuck in his own thoughts at the moment.

    She couldn't blame him, at this very moment Peeta, Johanna and Annie would be rescued from the Capitol and hope nesteled deep within her chest.

     "Yeah." Finnick cleared his throat, eyes fleeting to Erin for a moment, finding comfort in her eyes.

    "Okay. Take your time. Just remember to keep talking and don't stop." 

     He took a deep breath, and then started talking to the camera. "This is Finnick Odair," he began slow and steady, staring straight ahead. "Winner of the 65th Hunger Games, I'm coming to you from District Thirteen, alive and well. We've survived an assault from the Capitol, but I'm not here to give you recent news. The truth, not the myths about a life of luxury. Not the lie about glory for your homeland. You can survive the arena. But the moment you leave, you're a slave."