Chapter 1: Beginnings

The Jonto region, full of pokemon that thrive through the wild, lays many secrets in Whirlwind Islands where a secret organization is conducting research upon.

However, the real story begins in a small town, where a boy, turning fifteen, will soon begin his adventure.

In the little village of Nw Bark Town, lives Professor Elm, a Pokemon researcher. He is in his early 20's, has brownish hair, and wears glasses. Today one of his assistants, Dakota, is ready to become a Pokemon trainer. Dakota has wanted to have his own Pokemon since he was seven. He has always been amazed by the elemental power that they use.

Dakota walks to the Professor's office very excited. He has waited for this day and all the hard work helping the Professor really paid off. Dakota has red hair and brown eyes. He walks in, noticing that the Professor isn't here, he calls out,"Professor Elm, are you here?" But no reply. He calls again,still no reply. He walks over to a table, atop of it is a briefcase. Dakota opens it up to find three poke balls and a Pokedex.

"These must be the Pokemon starters the Professor was talking about." Dakota said while examining one of the poke balls." I guess I should pick one" he said. Dakota picks the middle one and opens it up. A flash of light came out and there stood a small mouse looking Pokemon with a snout and four red spots on its back. The little Pokemon gazed up at Dakota. "Is that a...a Cyndaquil!?" Dakota yelled with excitement.

The Cyndaquil jumped on Dakota and started hugging him. "I think I'll have you." Dakota said smiling." Good choice." A voice said coming from a corner. Dakota nearly jumped up after hearing the voice; he turns around to see Professor Elm in a chair. Elm gets up and walks over to Dakota." Do you wish this Cyndaquil to be your Pokemon? You haven't looked at the others," he said.

Dakota looks at the Cyndaquil and then looked at Elm. "I'm sure of it this Cyndaquil will be my new friend." Dakota said. The Cyndaquil was so happy that the red spots on its back started to heat up and flames shot out. Dakota laughed with joy and started to hug his friend.

"Ok, now that you picked your Pokemon, let me give you a map to Jonto." Elm said.

One hour later, Dakota had packed his clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, and snacks into his backpack. He said bye to his mother and the Professor and was heading on his way to achieve his dream: earn eight gym badges and defeat the Elite Four and the Champion.