I can't believe he shot me!

Zane's POV

I got off the elevator and heard yelling.

"I can't believe he shot me!"

"Shut the hell up! You've been bitching all night and morning about it!"

"So what?!"

What is those two putz yelling about now? I went to the room to find Beau and Dakota rooming together.

"You know the whole hospital can hear you," I told them.

"Well, maybe if they do, they will duct tape his mouth shut," Dakota snapped.

I looked at Beau, who glared at Dakota.

Dakota rolled his eyes, "so, what happened after they took us?"

"Let's see, my sperm donor showed up and decided to lay his hands on Goldie and me; then, her dad laid his hands on him."

"Man, we miss all the good stuff," Beau sighed.

I gave him a look. Good thing he was laid up in a hospital bed, or I would lay him out.

"Anyways, cops hauled him away, and her parents are letting me stay with them long enough until I turned eighteen. Then I got to find a place."

"You know you're always welcome to stay at my place until we graduate," Dakota offered.

"Yeah, I know. I'll figure something out."

"Zane, you have a chance to go to school for your writing. Don't throw it away, being stubborn."

"Dakota, I know this, but I can't put people out."

"Why not? Who says you have to do this alone? What would Mari say if she found out you decided to give up a full ride to work at a low wage job," Beau countered.

"She doesn't know."

"You didn't tell her?!" Beau said incredulously.

"I just got her back. Do you think it's a good idea to say, hey, by the way, I got a full ride to school because I have the highest GPA in school? I already made her feel bad as it is. I don't need to throw salt into the wounds," I snapped.

"I would still tell her," I heard someone say. I turned to see Bri and Gema. Great.

They walked over to the guys.

"Look, Zane, if you don't tell her and she finds out, she will be crushed. Mari hates secrets," Bri told me.

"Plus, she's the type that supports people when something good happens," Gema added.

"Well, right now, it doesn't matter."

"Why not," Bri asked.

"Because she's busy."

"Busy with what," Gema asked.

"Getting a heart."

"What?!" They all exclaimed.

I just looked at them as they stood there, shocked.

*********
I slept while they did the transplant and found myself dreaming.

"Mommy, mommy!"

I looked over to see a little boy running towards me. He had dark curly hair and brown eyes with the chubbiest cheeks.

"What is it, baby?"

"Daddy asked where you were?"

"Right here. Right here all along."