Returning to trouble

Returning to school, you would think things would be smooth. Nope, not even close. No, I get to deal with high school drama in the form of some girl and Zane. Yep, I was not a happy camper.

I walked to my locker only to see some girl with her hands on Zane. Then I heard the best part, "it's been so nice spending time with you."

That was it. While the cat is away, the mice shall play. I walked over, took off my ring, and handed it to Zane, "here. I think you gave this to the wrong person."

He looked at me as I shoved it in his hand and walked away.

"Goldie!"

"Piss off, Zane, and don't talk to me!"

He turned to the girl, "I'm going to give you two seconds to walk away." She looked at him, "you did that shit on purpose, knowing she was coming back today."

"Well, I'm way better than her," she retorted.

"You're a hoe! Go hoe around someone else!"

"You didn't say that when you let me give you a blowjob."

"That was last summer. Deal with it," he said, walking away.

I can't believe this! Ugh! And to think I gave him my cherry. I knew I should have waited. I met up with Bri and Gema. They noticed the absent ring.

"Where's your ring," Bri asked.

"Oh, that piece of junk. I gave it back to Zane so he can give it to Meredith. Since they enjoyed spending so much time together at school," I told them.

"Are you high," Gem asked.

"No, are you?"

"Zane hasn't been hanging with any girl at school, well beside us," Bri told me.

"And Meredith is a hoe. Everyone knows this," Gema added.

"Hoe or not, I'm not going to wonder if some girl is going to come between us."

"The only girl that's going to come between you two is you," Bri told me.

"Stop being an insecure puta," Gema added.

"Whose side are you on?"

"It's not about sides. It's about trust, which you don't have any when it comes to Zane. Get it together," she told me. They both walked away as I stood there, dumbfounded.

Was I wrong? Did I overreact? Am I a complete putz? The answer to all three was yes. Great. He is never going to forgive me.

I decided to look for him, and when I found him, he didn't look happy.

"Look, I'm sorry," I said to him.

"For what? Thinking I would do that or jumping to conclusions. Marigold, I love you, but that's not enough for you. You would rather believe a hoe than me, and I don't have time for your drama. So, grow up," he said firmly, as he walked away.

Great, I am batting zero for zero. Not only is Zane pissed at me, but so are my friends. I figure Beau and Dakota would follow suit. Yeah, this was all my fault.

At lunch, I saw them at the table which I should be sitting at but figured I was the last person they wanted to see. I just dumped my lunch and went somewhere else. I wasn't hungry.

I walked down the halls until I came across Mrs. Taylor sitting in her classroom, eating alone. I knocked on the door.

She looked up from her food, "Marigold?"

"Sorry to bother you. Do you mind if we talk?"

"Sure, have a seat."

I took a seat.