I had to have imagined it. There was no possible way that could've been him.

Relaxing slightly I continued to walk, looking around myself frantically like I'd miss him if I stopped looking.

As I saw him from a distance walking down the street this way, I realized I hadn't been imagining. It was really him.

I fixed my hair own of instinct and continued to walk, realizing I was wearing my work uniform and became extremely self conscious. I put my head down to avoid eye contact, hoping he would pass by me without noticing me.

"Charlie?" Paul inquired curiously, sounding shocked.

I raised my head bashfully, not sure what to say. I didn't really know the chances of having bumped into him again but here we were, in the middle of Abbey Road being acquainted once again today.

"Paul." I smiled slightly, feeling extremely nervous.

"What are you doing here?" He smiled brightly.

"I work at the café a couple blocks from here." I nodded fiddling with my dress.

"Can I drive you love? My car is in that parking lot." He smiled kindly motioning to the parking lot beside us.

"I don't know," I began turning him down meekly.

He stuck out his lip slightly and used his puppy dog eyes, melting me into putty.

"Please?" He asked sweetly.

"Alright." I nodded cracking a smile after taking a moment to think.

He lead me to his car, and opened the door on my side, then continued by going over to the drivers side.

My jaw was on the floor as I sat in his gorgeous car, not wanting to touch anything and get it dirty.

"Are you sure you aren't going out of your way? I'd hate to be an inconvenience." I looked over to him wide eyed as my heart pounded nervously.

"It's nothing like that love." Paul assured me, starting the car. It roared to life and I smiled seeing the kind gentle expression on his face. I told him the address of the café as he started to drive.

"Are you from 'round here?" Paul inquired politely as he put a hand on the back of my seat, turning to look behind us as he backed out.

"Yeah, my flat is about a ten minute walk from here, and I grew up only about thirty minutes away." I nodded with a small grin.

I would've asked him where he grew up as well, but it was so difficult not to know, news about the Beatles were everywhere.

He nodded happily.

A huge pit was growing violently in my stomach. I was so nervous around him, I felt my hands tremble slightly as they rested on my lap.

He had a bright smile as we drove in somber silence, him seeming to be much more comfortable than I was.

"Right here." I blushed pointing to the small run down café on the side of the road.

"I've never noticed this place before." Paul spoke in awe, parking on the side of the road in front of it.

"I didn't either until I needed a job." I raised my eyebrows looking to Paul and put my hand on the car door handle to exit.

"Do you mind if I come in and grab something? I haven't eaten anything all day." Paul smiled charmingly.

"Oh, of course you can." My eyes lit up as I stared at the expression on his face, there was just something about him that was beginning to grow on me, he was so much different than I had imagined him to be.

We both exited the car and walked to the café doors. He opened the door for me and we entered together, receiving some dropped jaws around the room when Beatle Paul McCartney entered the room.

"Hello Mel." I greeted Melanie, my coworker that was just around my age at the front counter.

"Hello." she greeted as she took care of a costumer at the cash register, her eyes stuck to Paul, mesmerized by the famous Beatle.

"Right." I sighed before joining her behind the counter as Paul took a seat on the barstool across from me.

I grabbed a menu and handed it to him, putting my purse to the side.

"Anything to drink?" I smiled watching him begin to flip through the menu.

"A coke would be great please love." He smiled up at me warmly.

"Wait, am I missing something here?" Mel asked as I turned to our soda fountain, grabbing a glass.

"Are you two, like-" She began motioning in between the two of us.

"Oh, no no, we just met," I began blushing.

"No actually we're just friends." Paul answered at the same time I did.

Friends. I replayed it in my mind shocked by him referring to me as a friend. He looked over at me and winked, causing me to blush furiously as I handed him his drink.