Prepositions

"Bless us and splash us, precious, Elfs is sleeping, so we gets to write!"

"Kill the stupid, skinny elf! Gollum! Gollum! It hateses us! We sees what it writeses about us to its friends, yes we do! Kill it! Kill it!"

"No! Elfs is our friend. It be nicer to us that  you! We wantses it to stay! We will keeps it for always."

"GgggrrrrrAGGGGHHHH!!! STUPID SMEAGOL IS NOT GOOD FOR ANYTHING!"

"AAAGGHHHH!!! Cruel, cruel! Don't hurts us, precious!"

And just when I was getting some rest, too. 

Well, since I'm awake (courtesy of the Smeagol vs. Gollum "We Hates It Fight: round I've lost count) I suppose I ought to continue with this book. Anything to tune those two out.

What shall we talk about today....?

Ahha! Prepositions. (If Smeagol asks "what's prepositions? Is it tasty?" I'm going to scream.)

"What's prepositionses, precious?"

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me. I had to get that out of my system. Onwards.

Prepositions help us understand the setting of a sentence. Some of the prepositions are:

Above, around, about, down, during, before, behind, beneath, except, but (meaning except), off, on, from, in, inside, out, outside, to, toward, through, up.

There are many more, but I think that everyone reading this will get the main idea of what a preposition is. 

"We doesn't--"

I am still explaining! 

Now, as you probably noticed, most of the words above can be used to form phrases such as:

"Under the Misty Mountains."

This is not a sentence, as it has no subject, nor verb. It is what is called a "prepositional phrase," and it helps us better understand the subject and verb of a sentence, such as:

"I am stuck under the Misty Mountains."

Obviously, I could have just said I was stuck, but if someone were looking for me, just informing them of my current state of being would not help them find me. They would need the prepositional phrase to help them find out not just what I was (stuck) but also where.

"No! Please stay with us  forever? Please, Elfs?"

I don't intend on it.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!! PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE STAY WITH POOR SMEAGOL! WE ARE LONELY WITHOUT IT!!!!

I  really don't intend on it.