Precious Adjectives

"Ours! Ours! OURS!!!!"

Oh, alright. Smeagol has been insisting that he should write this next chapters, so I'll let him--though I will still make interjections and corrections. 

Here you are, Smeagol.

"Bless us and splash us! We gets to write!

"Greetings, Precious! What was the nasty elf going to tell you about? We must look at the chapter heading.  Ohh. Adjectiveses precious! Bless us and splash us! We getses to talk about adjectiveses. We loves adjectiveses, don't we precious?"

"We hates them."

"Well, that's because it's contrary, precious! We loves them. We has a list of adjectiveses! All our favorites!

"Precious (which can also be used as a pronoun, precious!)"

No it can't! 

"Stupid elf! Don't interrupt us! Now. More of our adjectiveses.

"Juicy, nice, sweet, cruel, horrid, crunchy, nasty, stupid, fat, wet, false, and any words that are about four letters long and mean nasty things--but the nasty elfses says we can't write them on her page. That's all the adjectiveses!"

Smeagol! Those are not the only adjectives! What about articles, and limiting adjectives, and possessives, and adjectives that describe how something looks, or feels, or tastes. Or predicate adjectives? I knew I shouldn't have let you write this part.

And substituting a curse word for an adjective is actually rather lazy! There are so many good adjectives to use. Now give me the pen! You are being irresponsible, and your information is false!

"Noooo the pen is ours! Ours! Keep away, nasty, stupid elf! We hates it forever!!!!!"

Fine. But stop lying!

"We wasn't lying! Oh, very nice to us, isn't it precious? Very nice indeed!"

"We told you it was a cruel, horrid elf! We told Smeagol!"

"Go away! We hates you!"

Um, okay. I'll go--

"We wasn't talking to it, precious! It shouldn't interrupt us!"

Well, it doesn't seem we're getting anywhere with this. 

Let me see if I can help a little while they're bickering (again).

The articles are: a, an, and the. 

Predicate adjectives appear after a linking verb. (I.e. Smeagol is filthy. Filthy describes Smeagol. Filthy Smeagol.)

Adjectives can compare. If comparing two, and the adjectives are only one syllable, use 'er' (I.e. Smarter, greater.) The same words, when three or more are being compared, use 'est'. (I.e. Smartest, greatest).

Words with two or more syllables usually use more and most, or less and least. (I.e. More willing, most willing. Less helpful, least helpful.) More and less are used with two, most and least with three or more. 

Now, let's see. What else needs to be addressed. Oh! Limiting adjectives--

"NOOOO!! IT'S OURS!!! OURRRRSSSS!! PREEECCCIIIOUUSSSS!!!!!! GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!!"

Smeagol is trying to steal the pen, so we will talk later. 

"PREEECCCIIIOUUSSSS!!!!!"