Chapter 15

I'm not even going to say anything about my horrid updating habits -_-

But I will help you out with this chapter by giving you a little review...
In the last chapter Evelyn and Claire climb over to Lucas' house to play a prank on him. It was all going well, they made it into his bathroom and started up their planned pranks like replacing his toothpaste with mayo. That is until Ev looked out the bathroom door... There standing was Scott, ya know, the leader of the killing group called the Slayers? So Ev loudly gasps. Whoops! And that's basically it, now carry on :)

Chapter 15

********************

Scott doesn't move.

I don't move.

I feel Claire patting my shoulder, wondering why I'm frozen. But my eyes are locked in Scott's glare, poor Claire, she has no idea.

Now Lucas is awake, but he looks more horrified at the situation than shocked.

What do I do? Should I grab a baseball bat and attack? Or run?

Exactly what baseball bat, dummy?

Right, I'll go with the latter... As unexpected as I can, I charge out of the bathroom and run to Lucas' window. I halt suddenly, realizing I forgot Claire. Before I can even think of what to do next though, hands grip my waist.

They yank me back and I tumble down to the ground, taking my captor with me. I turn around to see that I've landed on Scott. We both scramble to stand up, but he's quicker. Harshly, I'm pushed back down and land on the ground with a loud thud. I look around, where the heck are Lucas' parents?

Even worse, where are Claire and Lucas? Shouldn't they be helping me?!

My thoughts are interrupted when Scott's foot meets my side. I groan in pain as I struggle to keep even breaths. Ten kicks later into my side they finally stop. I weakly flutter my eyes open to see a fist, seconds away from pounding my head in. A struggling cry bursts out of my mouth and I squint my eyes closed, but the blow never comes. I peak an eye open to see Lucas' hand grasped over Scott's fist.

They begin to fight, I do nothing but watch in fear. I turn to my side to see Claire laying a few feet away from me. Her eyes are closed and there's a trail of blood running down her jaw.

My heart stops and my eyes grow wide. Panic fills me to the brim as I yell her name.

"Claire!" I shout as loud as I can, which doesn't seem loud at all. I try yelling louder, "Claire!" I try crawling closer to her, but suddenly my ankle screams in pain.

I hold it tightly and squeeze my eyes shut. My breaths come out shakily as I hopelessly watch the scene before me.

A horrific thought comes to my mind: if Scott was fighting me the whole time, who hurt Claire?

My eyes shamelessly wander to Lucas, who's still in a current battle with Scott.

He wouldn't... he couldn't...

Goodness Evelyn do you really think one of your closest friends would betray you like that?

I quickly shake my head. What was I thinking? Lucas would never ever... I shake my head again, more slowly this time. Look at all that had happened and I've only lived here for a few months.

First, the slayers show up at the Winter Festival, now Caleb's in a coma, Claire is lying unconscious on the ground a few feet away from me, and I just accused Lucas-now one of my best friends- of hurting her! Why couldn't I have a normal high school experience?