Chapter 9

Phew!

This chapter was hard work, I don't know why. It just was!

So you better enjoy it! ;)

let the fun begin..

CHAPTER 9

************************************

I hear a deep laugh. "You think you can defend yourselves with those?"

I can't see the three men, but the voice is getting closer and closer. I hold up my broom higher in defense.

The men's silhouettes step closer and closer. I take steps back until my back hits the cold wall.

"W-we're not afraid." My voice quivers. I hear more deep, scratchy laughs. My breathe comes out in fast puffs, a whimper escapes me. I've never been so afraid in my entire life. I back myself as far as I can into the corner. Claire stay right by my side, squeezing my arm. I think she's cutting off my circulation, but I don't blame her.

The men surround us, I glance to my broom. It's worth a shot! Without thinking I lift my arm, close my eyes, and whack the stick around in front of me.

I feel it hit a few things, then I hear some groans. I peek an eye open and cringe when I see that one of the men is now holding the other end of the stick.

Uh oh.

He yanks it and I fly into his rough arms. He smells disgusting and there are many other places I'd rather be right now.. Like at a tea party with the Mad-hatter, or maybe even Cinderella's palace so I can ride in a giant pumpkin! Actually that would be kind of gross.

Then everything happens at once. Claire screams, a sack gets pulled over my head, police sirens sound in the distance, and then I get taken.

*******about 15 minutes later*********

Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip

Does it ever annoy you? Like the sound of a dripping faucet and it just goes on and on.. It can be relaxing for some people I guess. I never thought it would be for me though; but maybe that's because it's the only calming thing I have right now.

I struggle against the rope that's been constricting me to this pole for 10 stinking minutes. Why would they bring me down to an underground sewer instead of just killing me? That's right, I'm under the streets. In a dirty sewer. How do you get down here anyway?

I sigh and wonder where everybody is. The last I heard of Claire was her scream in the closet. There are no more police sirens. I have no idea what happened to Joseph and Lucas. I feel so alone.

My phone! I pat my pockets, there it is! I try pulling it out the best I can, I mean my hands aren't very available. When it's out I quickly move my dirty, quivering fingers to turn it on. I should call the police, or my parents. Maybe even Caleb, he said I should call him if I need anything.

"Well, well, well, well..."

I snap my head up to a man with a long scar on his neck. He has dark, dark eyes. This isn't one of the men that took Claire and I...

The man in front of me actually doesn't even look very evil. If you took away his scar and put a smile on his face, he wouldn't look scary at all.

I hide my phone in my side, blocking it from site with my hand so he wouldn't take it.

"Who are you?" I ask boldly.