part 3

Not A Day Goes By - Part 3

hey guys here’s part 3 :)

Warnings - none i think.....let me know if you spot something that needs a warning

You don’t know how long you both stood there lost in your own little world. It was Cas clearing his throat that brought you back into reality. Gabriel stiffened in your arms, you hushed him lightly.

“Y/n, he’s very weak. He’ll need to rest and allow his grace to build once more” you frowned to yourself.

“His grace?” you glanced over your shoulder towards Castiel fleetingly before returning your attention back to Gabriel

“He was weakened Y/n, his grace almost complete depleted” tears fill your eyes at the very thought of what had happened to him in hell.

You dropped to your knees and slowly brought your hands to his face, lightly caressing it with your thumbs.

“Lets get you somewhere more comfortable yeah?” you smile calmly at him, trying to keep him at ease.

The next few hours were long, you and Cas were the only ones he’d let near him. You cleaned to blood from him best you could without putting him under a shower. Baby steps after all. You managed to get in into some clean clothes and treat the obvious wounds.

Treating his mouth was the issue, you tried to explain that you needed to cut whatever those bastards had used to sew his mouth shut. But your words didn’t quite get through. As soon as he saw the scissors he clambered back on the bed terrified.

You threw the scissors across the room as far away from the two of you as you could get them.

“Ok, they’re gone. See?” you held up your hands showing him they were empty. He calmed a little.

“I just want to cut open your mouth Gabe, that’s all” you held you fingers to your lips trying to get him to understand. You heart broke, here sat one of heavens greatest weapons and he was broken.

He raised his own hand to his lips and ran them over the stitching, you nodded smiling slightly.

“Sam, go into my desk draw and you’ll see a silver nail kit. Would you bring it here please?”

Sam did as you asked, he passed the kit to Cas who in turn gave it to you. you slowly unzipped the silver leather case and pulled out a pair of nail trimmers shaped like scissors but blunt at the edge.

“how about these?” you put the cutters down on the bed allowing him look at them.

He reached out and touched them, turning them over in his hands until he was happy you were going to hurt him with them. You just hopped they would be sharp enough to cut through the thread used.

Thankfully they were, it was a long torturous process, not only did you have to cut the thread between his lips, you then had to pull it out. You hated causing him pain, but he sat there and let you do it never the less.

After cleaning him up, he fell asleep relatively easily. The next few days involved getting him into the shower to clean his hair and the remaining grime from his body, it took a few attempts but you’d finally gotten the blood off of him. Cas began slowly healing his wounds but it was going to be a long process.

It was a week after he returned that things took a turn for the worse, Gabriel had a nightmare. You’d been sleeping curled in in a chair next to his bed, so you could be there if he needed you. this unfortunately meant you were also the closest person to him physically.

You tired to hush him as he thrashed on the bed, you flicked on the light and sat next to him on the bed.

“Gabe, its ok you’re safe. Wake up”

His eyes snapped open and he lunged you, his hands grabbing your neck cutting off your air supply. You tried to fight him but even in his weakened state the archangel was too strong. You kicked and knocked over the lamp hoping to make enough noise that the boys would come looking but you weren’t so lucky.

You felt your vision begin to fade and sent out a silent prayer to Castiel. Luckily he answered immediately pulling Gabriel off of you. you fell to the floor coughing, trying to pull oxygen into your lungs.

You looked up from the floor to see Gabe looking down at you in horror. He shook his head, his eyes filled with guilt.

“Its ok” you forced from your lips, your throat burning in pain. You tried to reach for him but he pulled away curling himself into a ball. Much like he was that first night. You dropped your head in defeat, you were back at square one.

to be Continued?