part 1

The days all melded into one since that fateful night in the damned hotel; the night where everything changed. Gabriel told Sam and Dean to get you out of Elysian Fields hotel and true to their word they had gotten you out the there, literally kicking and screaming.

You’d managed to break Dean’s grip on you with a swift elbow to the groin, something he hadn’t forgiven you for to this day. You’d ran back into the building so quickly that even Sam hadn’t been able to catch you, but it was too late; he was gone.

You’d rounded the corner and skidded to a halt at the sight before you. There he lay motionless, the imprints of his wings around him. You kept waiting for him to fade before you and for it all to be another lie; but it wasn’t. You walked up to his body, the tears streaming down your face. You fell to your knees before him and threw yourself onto his chest. You sobbed uncontrollably as you gripped the material of his jacket. He was gone, and where he’d gone you could never follow.

You don’t remember how you got from the hotel, all you remember is being pulled away from Gabriel and carried away. Not a single day has passed since that day where you don’t think about Gabe, you loved him. The Winchester’s never approved but you were drawn to him in a way you couldn’t explain; life without him had been one battle after another.

You fight to get out of bed, you fight to get yourself to eat and you fight to remember to breath. You threw yourself into hunting with the boys and made a silent promise to the memory of your Gabriel that you were going to dedicate your life to ridding the world of as many big bad’s as you could.

***

You shook your head at the memory of that night and focus on getting back to the bunker in one piece. The boys had sent you and a simple salt and burn once state over, while they went on a vamp hunt. The ghost had been surprisingly easy to take care of and you were finished in record time and made it back on within the day.

You turned the final corner and saw the impala sitting in front of the bunker, you frowned in confusion. They couldn’t have made it home already, the nest was twice the distance away that you’d traveled. You parked your car behind baby and made your way into the bunker.

“Sam? Dean?” you called out, you voice echoing off the walls around you.

You heard the clambering and chairs and the unmistakable tones of a certain blue eyed angel coming from the library.

“I don’t understand, why do I need to hide?” you from at Cas’ words and speed up, what was going on?

You go to turn the corner and come face to face…well face to chest with the Winchester’s who were blocking your path to the library.

“What are you doing back?” Dean snapped causing you to raise an eyebrow

“I finished, with no fuss I might add, maybe I should go on solo hunts more often. I come out with less injuries. What are you doing here and why does Cas need to hide?” you ask folding your arms defiantly holding your chin high

Dean rubbed the back of his neck, which was a tell of his. It meant he was thinking of a convincing lie. You rolled your eyes and side stepped to make your way around him, but

Dean was faster and blocked your way again. Anger grew in your chest and you squared up to your friend

“Listen to me Winchester, I don’t like secrets. Now you either move out of my way or I will move you” you growled “ and don’t think for a second that I can’t or won’t I’ve brought you to your knees on more than one occasion”

Dean visibly grimaces at the memories but still refuses to move, until Cas speaks from behind him.

“You can’t stop her Dean”

“The hell I can’t”

You see red and go to remove the elder brother from your way when Sam finally speaks up, placing his hand on your shoulder.

“Y/n, maybe Dean’s right. Just give us time to find out what’s happened and then maybe….” You shrug him off and make to turn away, causing them both to visibly relax. You sense your moment and double back, making your way past them and to Cas before they could react.

“Damn it Y/n just stop”

“You’re getting slow in your old age boys” you tease

“What’s in there we cant explain…” you ignore Dean and look at Castiel. The look in your friend’s eye makes you feel and ease and you know whatever you’re about to see isn’t going to hurt you.

You turn the corner and see a male figure sitting on the floor with his arms around his knees and head down, his clothes dirty with dried blood stains. He was bare foot and his hair matted. You frown and look back to see the trio by the door.

“Y/n’s here now….” Castiel spoke quietly before adding “…brother” your eyes widened at his words and your head snapped back to the broken man behind you.

You watched as his head raised and slowly the light hit his face. The air rushed from your lungs and you stumbled back as you finally see who it is that the brother’s had tried to keep you from seeing.

“Gabriel….?”