You're a putz

Zane's POV

I can't believe I did that. I was angry because my sperm donor and I went at it when I got home from the dance. He got as bad as I did. I hated the bastard. Just a few more months, and I could get the hell out of there.

I went to Dakota's and stayed with him. His mom told me I could stay as long as I like, but I knew if I didn't go home, the cops would make me go back.

Then when Goldie showed up, I wasn't exactly in the best of moods, and I ended up taking it out on her. I hated myself for that. She didn't deserve it.

I knew she struggled. I hate myself for throwing it in her face. I was an asshole for doing so. I was no better than what Troy did to me.

I tried to call her, but she wouldn't talk to me. I can't blame her. But I wasn't going to give up without a fight.

When I got back to school, I tried to talk to her; she refused until I corner her.

"Goldie, talk to me," I begged.

"No."

"Please. I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?!" Her head snapped in my direction. "You think sorry is going to take back what you said?! Words hurt. Once they are said, even in the heat of the moment, they still hurt. You of all people should know that."

With that, she walked away. I stood there. She was right. I've heard people talk about me. It was never pretty.

So I decided to show her how sorry I was. They say actions speak louder than words.

******
I put my plan into motion with the help of Beau and Dakota. Every day I did something different for her. Flowers, candy, teddy bears, romantic crap.

And every day, she would throw it at me. Great.

So, I stepped up my game. That is where Dakota comes in handy.

I had him tap into the intercom system. Nothing like doing something illegal to show how much you care about someone.

Then I found a song. Once I had him cue the music, I started singing.

*********
I sat in class and then someone came over the intercom. Someone was singing. I sat there and listen then the door opened and in walked Zane with a microphone in hand.

He walked over and sang to me. I sat there in awe. I listen to the lyrics as he sang, and he held out his hand to me. I took it and he pulled me to him.

He danced with me as he sang. I looked at him and knew why he picked the song.

When the song ended, he looked at me, "I am truly sorry. Forgive me."

"Why did you do this?"

He looked at me. "Because I'm in love with you, and I love you."

My face turned to shock as he said that.

"I told you not to fall in love with me," I whispered.

"Too late. You have my heart." He placed his forehead against mine.

A tear fell down my cheek as I said, "I love you too."

He pulled me into a kiss as everyone clapped. Oops forgot we were in the classroom.