chapter nine

Bella was happily using her free time to study, well her free time as she waited for Jessica to be finished with practice

Bella was happily using her free time to study, well her free time as she waited for Jessica to be finished with practice. They had been sleeping at each other's houses for ages now, so it kind of became a routine at this point.

She looked down at her Math and immediately wanted to throw her textbook across the library, but that would definitely get her into trouble with the teachers hanging around. She took time to look around and saw a jock reading a book, which was definitely unusual. She knew that the baseball team had practice today, so maybe this particular jock just played football.

She didn't think about it any longer, as she went back to her work. She filled in the questions that she didn't get right in class. She didn't even realise that Clay was sitting across from her.

'Hey Bella' Clay said as she just nodded her head

'I have to do something with these pictures' Clay begun as Bella rolled her eyes once again

'Clay I understand your need to get justice but I just don't think Scott has balls to do that and go against his friends' Bella cried, 'It's just the truth'

'Okay but I need you to talk to him?' Clay asked, 'He won't listen to me if I asked'

Bella looked at her friend like he was insane, 'Do you not understand that I can't talk to Scott. We are not together anymore Clay! I can't just ask him these things and expect an answer'

'You're right' Clay sighed, 'I'm sorry I should've have asked'

Bella sighed as well, 'It's okay. I know you are just trying to help. Maybe you could look into someone else? Maybe Tyler he takes photos'

'Yeah but not ones like this' Clay stated, 'Maybe I could find out where these pictures are coming from'

'Yeah that's a good start' Bella said as Clay decided to led back into his seat

...

Jessica crashed down onto Bella's bed and laughed.

'I'm so glad it's Friday' Jessica said, 'We should do something, we haven't in a while'

Bella agreed as she was cleaning up the mess, she made last night. She was over studying and left all of her stuff on the floor.

'Yeah I'm down for it' Bella laughed as Jessica smiled

'Maybe we could invite Alex?' Jessica suggested, 'He's been feeling a lot left out lately since you came back'

'I mean FML?' Bella said with a smirk

...

Alex arrived not long after. When he arrived, he struggled to get up Bella's stairs.

'I should've remembered these horrible stairs' Alex commented as he had his arm linked with Jessica.

'Yeah sorry about them' Bella chuckled as they reached her bedroom

Alex sighed in relief, whilst taking a sit on her bed. He led against the wall, just like he always when FML were bitching about the newest gossip.

'Remember when we would bitch about people on this very bed' Jessica laughed as she straighten out Bella's blanket, 'So many memories here'

'I mean we only came to my house because of my mum' Bella commented

Alex laughed, 'Thank god for business trips'

'Yeah I loved when we had that party' Jessica reminded her friends

Alex just scoffed, 'Yeah, Hannah and Clay were going to get together, but Bella vomited on Clay's bag'

'Oh my god' Bella said mortified, 'That was awful. I feel so bad about it'

Alex and Jessica just laughed at her. It was funny at the time and they remember Hannah being cool about it. Well, not after she scolded Bella for a bit about drinking too much.

'What good times' Alex laughed as they suddenly saw a flashing light come from Bella's window

'What the fuck was that?' Alex said as turned around to look out the window, which sat above Bella's bed

'It was probably just a car driving past' Jessica said matter of fact

'No that was weird' Alex said as he looked back at the two girls

'It was just a car' Alex said, 'There is a car that drove up and down the street'

'What kind of car?' Jessica asked

'I don't know' Alex said, 'But it keeps driving past the house'

Another flash of light goes pass the window.

'This is it's third time going up and down the road' Alex informed as he stuck his head out of the window, 'Oh shit'

'What?' Jessica asked worriedly

'They saw me' Alex said as he quickly closed the window

'Who saw you?' Bella asked

'I think it was Scott' Alex said quickly as he shut the window and pulled down the blinds

Jessica looked over to Bella, who was a bit expectedly on edge. Bella was also white as a ghost, which led Jessica to be even more worried.

'Why is he coming down her street?' Jessica questioned, 'He lives on the other side of town?'

Bella swallowed hard. She had no idea what to say, but she spoke about it anyway.

'He always would do this when we would fight' Bella stated, 'He would come by my house and flash his lights into the window. It was usually really late at night like 2 AM'

Alex and Jessica showed different emotions. Jessica was somewhat in awe about the situation, however Alex thought it was completely pathetic.

'I just don't understand why he can't get over you' Alex said as he checked out of the blinds to see no car, 'He's gone'

'Thank god' Jessica said, 'We don't need that coming around at 2 AM anymore'