chapter two

You know that feeling where everyone is staring at you and thinking the worse? Well Bella expected everyone to stare at her and not give her a welcoming hand

You know that feeling where everyone is staring at you and thinking the worse? Well Bella expected everyone to stare at her and not give her a welcoming hand. But some other people gave her hugs, even from people she didn't talk to much. She really didn't want to make a scene for many reasons, but everyone was bound to find out she was back somehow.

The four friends took their seats at a table. Alex was already digging into his yogurt, which Bella remembered Hannah would always steal, sometimes to eat or to simply piss off Alex.

'I'm starving' Jessica laughed as she kept looking over Bella's head.

'What?' Bella asked as Jess just giggled.

'Bella?' Clay Jenson wasn't sure if he was dreaming or seeing things. I mean that was an understatement.

'Bella oh my god' Clay said as he hugged the girl from her seat, 'When did you get back?'

'This morning' Bella said, 'Well a couple of days ago to be exact'

'Shit this is awesome' Clay said

Clay was always a friendly face to Bella. Maybe it was because, him and Bella were the only ones who were not bashed on the tapes. After the tapes came out, Bella and Jess did have a fight about who was right and if Hannah was even telling truth. Bella always believed in Hannah.

'I'm glad you're back' Clay said with a smile, but began to walk away, 'I got to go but we can catch up later'

Before Bella could even agree, he was gone. She just shrugged it off. It was a Clay Jenson thing, as he always disappeared or was up to something, he probably shouldn't be doing.

'Bye Clay' Alex said whilst Clay was already half way out of the back door

They decided to sit and eat their food, with sudden conversation. However, Zach seemed on edge to Bella and she had no idea what was wrong with him.

'What's wrong?' she asked him as he just looked over to Bryce's table

'Bryce is over there' Zach said quietly like his name was the Devil and the cafeina was a church.

Liberty High was far from a church.

'Why do you even care?' Alex asked quite aggressively, 'Why are you still friends with him?'

Bella sat back quite shocked, 'You're still friends with Bryce?'

'We play on the same baseball team' said Zach with an exhausted tone, 'I can't ignore him Alex'

It seemed that Alex had brought this up more times than Bella wanted to know. She didn't even want to talk about Bryce, let alone see him in person again.

'Alex drop it' Jessica said sternly as she watched the table as well

Bella didn't want to turn around, knowing what she would see. She kept looking down at her sandwich, but her heart was racing out of her chest. It was like it was trying to runaway from her and go with somewhere else.

'Bella oh my god' Chloe said as she walked past their table, 'You're back'

'Yeah' Bella answered awkwardly

She didn't really talk to Chloe that much. It was strange how excited Chloe was, when she saw her after all these months.

'Welcome back' Chloe smiled as she decided to sit with them, 'What do you think about joining the cheer squad?'

Zach cracked up laughing, 'Bella on the cheer squad?'

'Shut up Zach' Bella hissed but she knew he was joking, so she pushed him playfully across the table

'I think you would be great at it' Chloe commented whilst ignoring their short play fight, 'You should definitely consider it'

'Yeah maybe' Bella said as Jessica just smiled

'Anyways I will see you at practice Jess' Chloe said as placed a hand on Jess' shoulder

Jess seemed ultimately uncomfortable. Chloe smiled at the four friends and walked over to her table with her boyfriend and his disgusting friends.

'You okay' Bella asked Jess as she just nodded

'It just feels weird to be touched, especially by anyone who is friends with Bryce' Jessica explained as Bella understood completely

'Don't worry about Chloe, Jess' Alex said as Bella agreed

Bella added, 'There can't hurt you when you have us'

'Yeah the cripple, baseball player and Belle will protect you always' Zach joked as Alex rolled his eyes

'Cripple really?'

'You know it's a joke' Zach ruffed Alex's new brown hair with a chuckle

Bella laughed at her friends. She really missed this, but never missed where they were. She missed Zach's jokes. She missed Alex's sarcastic comments and Jessica's guidance. She smiled at the thoughts but suddenly felt a chill go up her spine. She knew exactly why and no it wasn't because someone walked over her grave. Scott Reed just entered the room and she didn't even have to face him to know.

Jessica looked up to see the tanned blonde sit with his friends. He didn't notice that Bella was back yet.

'It's okay Jess' Bella said as she noticed her best friend go into a sudden panic.

It was like Jessica was feeling the exact feelings, that Bella has been feeling the whole day.

'He doesn't know you're back' Zach chimed in

'He does now' Jessica commented back as she quickly looked down at her food, 'Don't turn around'

Bella didn't want to turn around, but her body wanted to see if it was true. More specifically, her heart wanted to know if he was still insanely beautiful and if he still had that dimple in his left cheek.

'Don't plan to' Bella said back as she tried to keep her head down, but her body couldn't stop tingling.

She wanted to turn around, so she did.

Bella faced their table as the memories flashed back into her mind. Her heart begun to race when their eyes locked and the world froze. It was like the world had been put on pause for this moment. Scott smiled slightly, more pathetically toward her. But she didn't want to smile back. She decided to turn around quickly, to face her best friend's burning eyes.

'Seriously what did I say?' Jessica said but she couldn't blame her best friend for it

'Sorry I just wanted to see' Bella said but she wished she didn't do it

She felt sick to her stomach, like Scott's eyes were reading into her soul and now the back of her head.

....

After lunch was finished, Jessica made sure Bella was by her side. There were a lot of reasons for it, but Jess wanted to make sure Scott didn't try to speak to her.

'Bella Santiago' Bryce chuckled slightly, 'How have you been?'

Bella turned around to face their table, as they were all getting up for their next class.

'I'm fine' Bella responded

'Scotty why don't you ask how she is?' Monty laughed as Scott tried his best to avoid her gaze

Bella swallowed the hard lump in her throat. Did he also not want to face her?

'Coward' Bella thought as she was pulled away from them, by Jessica.

'Bryce is such a fucking asshole' Alex said as they all made their way to the next class