Chapter 2

You were sound asleep when you suddenly wake up for the sound of crackling fire and the smell of smoke all around your room, you jump out of bed, swing the door open and rush over to your parents bedroom, but there was no sign of them. You start running all over the place looking for them then finally, find them sitting down in the study where you last saw them before you went to bed. They were on opposite sides of the table, you yell at them to get out of there. There was no reply. You try to get a closer look, then out of now where your father and mother turn there heads at the same time, they start to say something but you can't hear them properly so couldn't tell what they were talking about. You stare at them looking scared with your eyes wide open. Crackling sound start getting louder and slowly a big plank of wood falls and hits the table blocking all view of your parents. As sad as you were, you knew you need to get out to, and so you did. You ran and ran not looking back for it will make you cry and you didn't have time for that. You finally stop running, out of breath, and realize you have no place to go now, your family is gone, your house, parents, everything. In a dark alley you find bunch of boxes so you turn them into a small covering to sleep in for the night. That is the only thing that haunts me along with a question that I knew I probably never know the answer to. Who would do such a thing to my family.