Chapter 1

I was only a little girl when it happened. I still remember it like it was yesterday. It haunts my mind. Anywhere and everywhere.
"Father, Mother look at what I can do" I cup my hands together and with three marbles in the middle of my palm, they slowly rise and begin to spin in a circle over and over again.
"My, that's very wonderful my dear" your mother said as she leans in to take a closer look. "Yes, our little girl is quite talented" her father said smiling and looking very impressed. "Thank you, mother, father. I want to practice more magic, so that I can protect everyone". Your parents looked at each other knowing what their little princess was talking about. "My sweet princess, I'm happy that you want to protect us but..." she begins but then stops talking, while looking over at her husband, giving him a little sign. "What your mother is trying to say is... you can't abandon your duties as next in-line for the crown. We must keep he family secret or else this family will be ruined forever. Besides why save the world when you can rule it", your father laughed with a smile. You didn't understand what he meant but you just went with it anyway. "Yes father" you said with a sad look on your face, looking like you could cry at any second. Your mother giving an angry look to her husband, then we walks over to you, kneels down to about the same height as you and gives you a hug. "Don't worry my dear child" your mother began, "I'm sure you can find a way to do the things you like as well as fulfilling your duties", she lets go of you and gives you a big smile, you give her a smile and say that you want to go to bed. After you say goodnight to your father and mother, just before you shut the door, you hear arguing and yelling coming from your parents, you end up spying on them as they yell back and forth to each other. Sad at what you just saw you close the door and head to your room.
After you head gotten changed and got into bed you fall asleep having nightmares of what could happen to the family you've always loved.