72 Hours

Myrtle's POV:

It has been 72 Hours, since mabundol si Devin at naospital, she is still in coma, She needed to wake up in the next couple of hours otherwise, baka matagalan pa ang pag-gising nito sa Coma. I asked my superiors to be on an indefinite leave, para personal kong mabantayan ang pag-gising ni Devin.

It's 11pm in the evening, nagpaalam muna si Tito Adrian na pupunta muna ito sa kanyang hotel. Kami lang dalawa ni Devin. I looked at her as she laid there in coma. Hindi ko mapigilang magsalita.

"Love, I'm sorry for everything. I want you to know that I love you with all of me. I love you until the sun dies my love. Hindi ko kakayaning mawala ka, pero nakahanda na akong maiwan mong mag-isa, kung yun talaga ang tadhana natin. Maiintindihan ko kung ayaw mo na sa akin. Kung gusto mo nang bumitaw, ayaw ko lang na nahihirapan ka. Kaya please, gumising ka na." I said to her as I brushed her hair with my fingers.

Tears had again fallen down from my eyes, thinking of her gone is painful, pero kung ito talaga ang nakasulat sa tadhana namin, maluwag ko itong tatanggapin. Ilang beses ko na sinasabi ito at ibinubulong sa mga panalangin ko sa Diyos. Over the past 72 hours, walang sawa ako sa pag bantay, pagkausap kay Devin, pagdadasal na sana ay gumising na ito. Nagulat ako nang biglang magmulat ito ng mata. Matamang nakatingin ito sa akin, blanko ang expression.

"Love? Gising ka na?" I checked with her, she was unresponsive and I was panicking, I pressed the red button sa left upper corner ng kama ni Devin. Maya-maya pa ay dumating na ang mga nurse at isang doctor na naka-assign sa case ni Devin.

Pinatabi muna nila ako as they checked on her, after the routine checks the doctor pulled me aside to inform me of Devin's condition.

"Ms. Peters. It seems like the patient has recovered now, but she may have developed amnesia." Warning nito sa akin.

"What needs to be done, so she could get her memory back?" I asked the doctor.

"Don't pressure her. Just let it be." He smiled.

He went back to asking Devin questions, pagtapos ay isinusulat nito ang mga notes nya sa clipboard.

"Do you know who she is?" Tanong ng doctor kay Devin habang itinuturo ako.

She shook her head no.

"I-I don't remember who she is." She said to the doctor.

I smiled faintly at her, although heart broken about what she just said, I smiled. I could only smile and thank the Lord that she is alive. The doctor looked at me apologetically.

"She's your special friend, don't you remember?" The doctor said to her.

"I-I don't R-remember. Sorry." she says shakily at the doctor.

"Let me remind you, love." I answered her.

"L-Love?" her brows furrowed in wonder at the word.

"Yes, love." I smiled at her.

"W-wait, M-my N-name is D-Devin Lennon. Sorry, miss. I really don't remember you." She looked at me apologetically.

"That's my nickname that you gave me, you used to call me love." I smiled at her.

"But, why did you call me love as well?" she asked me suspiciously.

"You liked being called love too." I smiled at her.

"Anyway, Ms. Peters and Ms. Lennon. I'll leave you two alone now, I will be back later." The doctor said.

I went out of the room to walk the doctor out, as soon as the door was shut behind us I spoke to the doctor.